PDA

View Full Version : freechex

ubetcha
05-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Ordered a 30cal freechex III on Thursday and received it on Saturday. That was quick.Ordered a 44cal checkmaker from Pat in Febuary and still waiting for it.

VHoward
05-19-2013, 05:51 PM
After using the freechex 3, you won't want the one from Pat Marlin unless the 44 cal is for plain base bullets. Pat Marlins check makers do work, but it is a three step process versus 2. I just did not care for the cut a disc first step, then form the check step. It is a lot of extra handling of the check that's not needed. I like the freechex 3 because for every pull of the handle on my arbor press, there is a complete formed gas check. No extra handling beyond feeding the strip through the die.

This is just my perspective. I have had both styles and prefer the freechex 3.

Dale in Louisiana
05-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Ordered a FreeChex III on Saturday, got it on Wednesday along with a new punch for my original FreeChex. That's S-E-R-V-I-C-E!

Simultaneously with that order, I placed an order with Yonky for three coils of aluminum. Came in the same day.

The next day I passed by Harbor Freight to get a one-ton arbor press, and I'm in gas check business. No more 'out of stock' and 'oh, the price just went up' for gas checks.

Upside? My nineteen year old son thinks that punching out gas checks is cool, so I printed up a little box that fits between the feet of that Harbor Freight press, gave him a strip of aluminum, and let him punch his heart out.

I loaded up fifty rounds of 7.62x54R (love those Moist Nuggets!) and am taking them to the range today.

dale in Louisiana

JeffinNZ
05-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Yonky's material is grand. I have some .016 alum and some .016 Cu from his stable. Forms brilliantly. Shoots well.

The joy of the FC III is you can knock out a year's supply of checks in no time flat, oil it up and put it away again. Smart shooters are making 2-3 times what they need and selling them thus making their own checks free.

jimb16
05-26-2013, 06:36 PM
I need one for the .223. Somebody email me the address/phone number please.

tjones
05-26-2013, 08:37 PM
I need one for the .223. Somebody email me the address/phone number please.

www.freechex.net the info is on the home page, gunbroker too, if you use them.

jimb16
05-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Thanks.

jimb16
06-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Got the freechex II today. Didn't have much time so I stopped after 150 or so. Its quick. Ordered thursday delivered monday. That's fast service. Well worth the cost. He even sent some strips of material to start with.

VHoward
06-03-2013, 08:16 PM
If you ever run into a snag using the freechex tools, call Charlie and he will help you solve the problem. He is quick and a good guy.

ubetcha
06-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Just recieved my 44 checkmaker from pat.Take some getting used to,but even with a two step process,one can still punch out a lot of gas checks in a short time. Both do what they are designed to do