PDA

View Full Version : Shipping brass to MA?

lars1367
05-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Hope I have the right forum for this. I have a customer in MA that is looking for brass. I checked with Midway using his address and it will not let a shipment of brass go through. I have read mixed information on other store websites asking for an FFL before shipping. I hate to turn a customer away, but I'm not breaking the law (regardless of how stupid it is) for anyone. Anyone know where I can actually get clarification on this. I found the MA law, but my A.D.D. kicked in halfway through, and then I got distracted by a shiny object. Any help is appreciated. As always, I am grateful for the wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Thanks,
Corey

PS: 9mm, .40cal, and 45ACP are on sale right now. We're doing what we can to supply folks for matches. I figured saving a buck or two couldn't hurt!

starmac
05-17-2013, 09:40 PM
If you found the actual law, I would read it carefully myself, rather than asking some folks that will not be held responsible.

Epd230
05-17-2013, 10:29 PM
You could try calling a gun shop in MA. They should be a good reference.

lars1367
05-17-2013, 11:07 PM
You could try calling a gun shop in MA. They should be a good reference.

Thanks Epd230! I'll give one a call in the AM.
-Corey

Duckiller
05-17-2013, 11:36 PM
You may also want to call the Mass. Attorney General. They don't want you to break the law either and are the people that would prosecute you. Getting you arrested for breaking a Mass. law in Va and getting you shipped to Mass for trial is probably something the Attorney General would like to avoid. They would probably be happy to tell you how they read the law and what they think you should and should not do in Mass. Just a suggestion.

dakotashooter2
05-18-2013, 10:35 AM
I'm sure some MA AG would love to spend $200k hauling you to his state then prosecuting you for selling less than $100 worth of brass in his state............

Doc Highwall
05-18-2013, 10:59 AM
It is true you cannot ship the brass to mass even though a person living in mass can just buy it there in a gun store. But they can drive to a gun store in CT. and buy it. Just a bunch of m*******s in my opinion.

I have bought brass for myself and then given it to a person living in mass.

Yes I know I did not use capitals when spelling mass for a reason.

lars1367
05-18-2013, 11:49 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice. I believe I have found the clarification I was looking for. I'd rather not call the AG and start a conversation that will end in frustration, but it is probably the best way to get an actual interpretation of the law. I will contact them Monday to start the process of raising my blood pressure! I found that I can ship directly to an FFL, so that is what I'll do. I spoke with a couple of store owners that would be more than happy to accept shipment of brass for their customers.
Thanks again,
Corey