PDA

View Full Version : SAECO #740 410 grn .40 cal bullet mould

Dragoon 45
05-17-2013, 01:23 PM
I picked up a used SAECO #740 mould with handles. I don't really know how old it is, but the cavity is in very good shape (no rust and the alignment pins line up very well). Its only problem appears to be that the washer under the screw that retains the sprue plate looks to be worn out, won't hold any tension against the screw head. I tried to find a rebuild kit for this mould, but can't find one. Any one got a source to find a rebuild kit?

Thanks

Matt85
05-18-2013, 12:41 AM
i would go to a hardware store and see if i could find a substitute.

-matt

MikeT
05-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Go to the hardware store and get "belleville spring washers" of the correct size.

Keep on hav'n fun!
MikeT

Dragoon 45
05-19-2013, 04:51 PM
So far I haven't found any Hardware stores around here that stock those washers. There is a speciality Fastener Store here, that I am going to try Monday if I don't get blown away in a Tornado tonight. We are supposed to have our first major outbreak of severe weather here in NE Oklahoma tonight and tomorrow.

Looking closer at the sprue plate, it may be a little warped around the sprue hole, but I won't be able to tell until I cast a few bullets with it. This must be an older mould, as it does not have the set screw on the side of the mould to lock the sprue plate screw in place, it relies on the spring washer to retain tension.