PDA

View Full Version : Darn fine lube if you find yerself in a pinch !

HAMMERSCHILD
05-16-2013, 02:52 AM
So...... Since my son has gotten of an age to take his smoke pole out on his own. Things seem to just disappear from my shooting box. If this ever happens to you. Just raid your wifes purse and grab her tube of Carmex lip balm ( which is about 80% lanolin) . Makes a fine bullet lube. So good in fact I used it for loading 45-70 BPRC. Worked just peachy ! Thats stuff is everywhere.

Wingnutt
05-16-2013, 06:27 AM
Pomade is cheaper, chapstick werks also...............

MBTcustom
05-16-2013, 07:01 AM
I wonder if we all called up chapstick and told 'em we would like them to make us a special run of lip balms, that were 1 1/8" in diameter and 4" long? Like (honey, I blew up the chapstick) LOL!

runfiverun
05-16-2013, 02:30 PM
carmex has carnuba and chapstick don't.
bagbalm and b-wax works.
so does mink oil.
and shoe polish.
some scented candles do okay too.

TenTea
05-16-2013, 02:57 PM
{old} Necessity really is the mother of invention. {/axiom}

Knowing these things and thinking in this fashion will no doubt be handy in the future.

runfiverun
05-16-2013, 07:07 PM
no.... it generally leads to more trouble.
wait till you mix two scents together that are not compatible, and the lube works like a champ.
except,,, everybody around you starts retching up from the smell.

ask runfiveswife all about asscracksweatlube...... she named it.

LuvMy1911
05-16-2013, 09:55 PM
no.... it generally leads to more trouble.
wait till you mix two scents together that are not compatible, and the lube works like a champ.
except,,, everybody around you starts retching up from the smell.

ask runfiveswife all about asscracksweatlube...... she named it.

asscracksweatlube???!!! Oh man... I laughed so hard and so long that my ribs hurt like fire!
Sorry but jeez that was funny!

treadwm
05-16-2013, 09:59 PM
runfiverun,

Had I been drinking my usual cup of tea, I am sure I would now be cleaning it off my monitor! :coffeecom

So what were the key ingredients of asscracksweatlube?

HAMMERSCHILD,

That's a cool tip. I had not thought of that. And my condolences... as the boy got older, all my fun stuff started wandering away.
Though in my case it was guitar related stuff mostly. :)

runfiverun
05-17-2013, 02:21 AM
one ingredient was a melon scented soy wax candle.
one was xlox.
there was another bump of the soy wax because I was short for the mix I was making with b-wax.
I just cannot remember what the second one was.
the two smells weren't too bad when freshly mixed, but by the time they were fired in the revolver it was god awful
I was shooting to her left the wind was from my left and it took me a couple of shots before I smelled it.
it took her exactly one to smell it and two to turn and walk away.
I am real glad I only made a small test batch.

stuff like angel food cake and coffee isn't bad at all, but I totally stay away from anything melon or berry scented anymore.

btroj
05-17-2013, 08:28 PM
But at least it didn't catch fire in the kitchen......

PS Paul
05-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Hmmmm. Sounds like someone MUST come up with some lube with that very name and market it back to us. It could be commonly referred to as "ACSW" or just "Asscrack" or "Sweat ***"

BACKTOSHOOTING
05-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Sounds like a new Jelly Belly flavor ha been produced :kissarse:

leeggen
05-18-2013, 05:06 PM
HEY just can that stink and you could sellit like canned farts.
OH MY said his wife.
CD

kens
05-19-2013, 06:15 PM
{old} Necessity really is the mother of invention. {/axiom}

Knowing these things and thinking in this fashion will no doubt be handy in the future.

Thats kinda cool really. if you think about it. We can make boolits from wheelweights or roof flashing, make gas checks from beer cans, make lube from lip balm and candles, get tin from Pewter plates at Goodwill.
Did you notice the nice cork wrapper on fine wine bottles? That is a tin wrapper around the neck, and fine cheese is sealed in a wax wrapper.
So, the next Dem politic convention we go out in the parking lot and get wheelwrights and eat the wine & cheese. then make booilits with added tin and a wax lube.

Hip's Ax
05-22-2013, 12:24 PM
sounds like a new jelly belly flavor ha been produced :kissarse:

rotflmao!!!!!

Dale in Louisiana
05-25-2013, 10:51 PM
some scented candles do okay too.

I don't know how many of you have tried it, but if you want to score a lot of candle wax for cheap, visit your local thrift store, you know, like Care/Help or one of the others selling second-hand items for charity. They end up with a lot of decorative candles and often mark them for next to nothing. I picked up five pounds of candles for three bucks.

I was looking for a cheap used pot for mixing up some of the concoctions I read about here.

dale in Louisiana

rexherring
05-28-2013, 05:35 PM
A little Vicks Vaporub in the beeswax can clear your sinuses.