PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Rem 700 7mm Mag genius

Beermster1
05-14-2013, 12:57 PM
I recently purchased a Remington 700 ADL 7mm mag that has had some gunsmithing mods done and I am not sure what it means. I was hoping one of you might educate me . Previous owner states that he took it to his "smith" for his "accurizing package" which included bedding ,took one turn off the barrel, clean up chamber with match reamer, true action and lugs, recrowned, and a trigger job to about 1 pound. I sure hope someone out there can tell me what all that means. I didnt see any mention of a flux capacitor but what the heck ? I got it for a great price Thanks. Also one last question, Can this rifle be set up to accept a magazine ?
Edit/Delete Message

wmitty
05-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Beer, basically he set the barrel one thread pitch deeper into the receiver to allow using the chamber reamer to cut a smaller chamber, which might allow for an accuracy improvement. Truing the action involves making sure the front of the receiver is square to the centerline of the action and truing the lug abutments allows the bolt face to be square to the action centerline. Recrowning makes the muzzle square to the centerline of the bore, the trigger job usually means backing off on the trigger return spring and reducing the sear engagement... and a one pound letoff sounds too light for a hunting rifle. Bedding usually means using some type of epoxy to support the action and rear portion of the barrel within the stock, which may help accuracy if done correctly. The ADL has the blind Magazine, which can be changed to the BDL's floorplate model or aftermarket magazines are available if you have deep enough pockets...