PDA

View Full Version : Is this a bad thing?

Rooster
05-14-2013, 12:08 AM
While coming home from out of town I was getting off the Interstate and while waiting for the light to change noticed a 3" COWW on the shoulder. It sure looked dented---a sure sign of good alloy!!! Boy was I torn between getting squished twixt the two 18 wheelers to my front and rear and jumping out of the vehicle and running over and grasping it it to my chest. I felt like that prehistoric squirrel on Ice Age with his nut. Anyway the light changed before I awoke from the daydream, the Big Mac behind me blew out my eardrums and that nugget is still sitting at the Southbound Tifton Ga offramp. It's probably still there today if anyone wants to rescue it.

zidave
05-14-2013, 12:22 AM
Haha. I always eye things on the side of the road that I want. Picked up a 5 gallon bucket just the other day

MTtimberline
05-14-2013, 12:24 AM
Every little bit helps. I have picked up one here and there that I spotted while walking the dog. Found a good sized truck sized on the shoulder and it was almost like finding a gold nugget.

7Acres
05-14-2013, 06:52 PM
The other week I was pumping gas and my eyes came to rest on a nice long COWW laying right by my front tire. That micro-score really brought a grin to my face!

SeabeeMan
05-14-2013, 07:23 PM
I used to hate it when my dad would stop for everything from bungees to life preservers on the side of the road...I bet we had 15 orange PFD's hanging from the rafters at one time. Now I do the same. I scored a garden hose reel with 100' of medium to heavy duty rubber hose on it yesterday!

05-14-2013, 07:50 PM
We're cut from the same mold, as it were. I've gotten tools, drills, sockets, wrenches, life jackets, mag lights, knives, lumber, wheel weights, steel plates and much more. Drives the family nuts.

SciFiJim
05-15-2013, 12:45 AM
I'M NOT ALONE! I'M NOT ALONE! I thought I was the only one who did this. Made me wonder if I had a problem. I probably do. It's called scroungeritis.