PDA

View Full Version : My brother is getting married!!

Love Life
05-13-2013, 10:57 PM
I just got the news today. Looks like my big brother is getting married!!!!

They have set the date for next August. I reckon it will be dress blues and a NCO sword for this guy, or maybe I'll go in a normal suit. He is Air Force and I would hate that my uniform looks cooler.....

On a serious note though, with us both being active duty, we only see each other every 4 years or so. I'm very excited, and I'm already planning the trip. I'm also planning for another broken bone. I swear every time we get together I break something. Of course he out weighs me by about 100 lbs....

Sorry for the rambling, but I had to spread the good news!!

Mk42gunner
05-13-2013, 11:38 PM
That is good news.

As to Uniform of the Day; if he wears his dress uniform, you should wear yours. If he wears a civilian suit, likewise.

About twentyone or so years ago, I was home on leave in July. My best friend told me they were getting married next month, and they wanted me to be the best man. Talk about fun getting another weekend of leave three weeks after I got back...

I wore my Service Dress Blues (not a lot of fun in Missouri in August) he wore a suit.

Robert

starmac
05-14-2013, 01:09 AM
Be sure and give him my condolences. lol

The difference between your wedding and your funeral, is you get to smell the flowers at one of them.

Lloyd Smale
05-14-2013, 06:23 AM
congradulations and thanks to both of you for what you do for us! Personaly i hope he opts for the uniform.

41 mag fan
05-14-2013, 06:33 AM
LL wasn't it you who called his brother a bonehead???
If it wasn't disregard as I'm thinking of someone else, but if it is, well I got another chuckle over it, when I read your post on another broken bone!!
Made me think of the bonehead post a long time back,.

contender1
05-14-2013, 09:01 AM
First,,, If ya'll are happy, then "Congratulations"!!!!!!!!!

Next,,, share this one with him;
"What's the difference in a wedding & a funeral?"
"At a wedding,, you are burying two instead of one!"

Doc Highwall
05-14-2013, 09:34 AM
What food do you feed a woman so she does not want to have sex again................Wedding Cake!

dakotashooter2
05-14-2013, 10:22 AM
My brother is getting married too. First time......at 51.................

Love Life
05-14-2013, 11:10 AM
LL wasn't it you who called his brother a bonehead???
If it wasn't disregard as I'm thinking of someone else, but if it is, well I got another chuckle over it, when I read your post on another broken bone!!
Made me think of the bonehead post a long time back,.

Yep. That was me who called my brother a bonehead. He is still a bonehead, just a very big one.

rbertalotto
05-14-2013, 05:36 PM
So sorry.........Prayers sent....

:D

km101
05-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Dress uniforms look nice at any special occasion. And you need to get some use out of them anyway! But before you commit, make sure that it still fits!!!!!!

scottiemom
05-14-2013, 07:32 PM
congrats! I vote for the dress blues!!

Riverpigusmc
05-14-2013, 08:03 PM
You can't go wrong with Dress Blues

41 mag fan
05-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Yep. That was me who called my brother a bonehead. He is still a bonehead, just a very big one.

I thought so, as I remember getting a huge laugh out of that post back then. Well...I guess congrats to the bonehead!!!

gunfan
05-14-2013, 11:03 PM
Offer him two gifts that will provide him the ultimate in coverage... betasitosterol and an enema.

Scott

blackthorn
05-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Congratulations to your brother!! May he and his bride be as happy as my wife and I are.

leeggen
05-15-2013, 10:16 PM
Those that are not married do not understand that marriage is an institution. Congrats on the wedding!!!
Be sure and tell him after the cerimonie "misery loves company

Love Life
05-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Heck I have been married 8 years now. I have been telling him to run like his *** is on fire and his hair is about to catch. It is my brotherly dude. I'll hit him with a "I was just kidding" after the wedding.