PDA

View Full Version : Lee is 16 weeks behind

smkummer
05-13-2013, 02:57 PM
Just got off the phone with lee and was able to order a #4 shell holder for the trim tool and a wave washer for the 6 cavity mold that will be shipped tomorrow and I asked if they were catching up and was told that they were 16 weeks out ( assume that means behind).

bhop
05-13-2013, 03:08 PM
i wonder if their warranty stuff will take that long too?

bgoff_ak
05-13-2013, 05:19 PM
I just had a mold that was under warranty the web site said none in stock, but they said they turned it around and mailed it a few days later... that was two weeks ago. ( i'm hoping its here soon ). mail seems to have slowed down here though wonder if its slow for any one else ?

freebullet
05-13-2013, 08:27 PM
That's not to bad considering the current market. Try ordering a custom mold or rifle right now.

badboyparamedic
05-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Broke a part on my Lee Press, called them and it was in my mailbox 2 days later. Guess it depends on what you need.

Jeff Michel
05-14-2013, 06:01 AM
I broke the cam on the sprue on the handle of a six cavity mould (My fault, too cold) They had the replacement to me in two days. It was listed as "out of stock". They do a pretty good job in my opinion.

05-14-2013, 06:25 AM
A local Lee dealer told me they are getting fairly regular shipments that include high demand items. Not enough that they have them in stock for long, but they are receiving stuff almost weekly nonetheless.

JIMinPHX
05-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Lee has always delivered to me faster than they promise.

I am glad to hear that they are busy. They earn an honest living over there. I'm happy to hear that they are in demand, even if it means that I would need to wait if I want something from them.

dagunnut
05-15-2013, 01:18 AM
I needed some priming parts for my Pro1000 and they were marked as out of stock. I called and the lady said that it was a replacement and my order would be expedited. I had the parts at my house in 2 days. There is also Titan Reloading a sponser of this site, I placed an order with them and had it the next day. Titan sells Lee products and they are usually cheaper than the Lee site.

Mario
dagunnut

wlc
05-17-2013, 06:37 PM
I just had a mold that was under warranty the web site said none in stock, but they said they turned it around and mailed it a few days later... that was two weeks ago. ( i'm hoping its here soon ). mail seems to have slowed down here though wonder if its slow for any one else ?

Sorry for the thread drift, but yea, the mail is slow. I sent a Lrg flat rate box full of stuff to a friend in Delta Junction from our P.O. here in Wasilla last Sat. It still isn't there.

Iowa Fox
05-17-2013, 10:54 PM
I'm happy for this Family owned business that sales are strong for them. How many family owned businesses are left in this country reguardless of vocation. Seems like everyone has sold out to someone long ago. That includes all our elected politicians.

Recluse
05-18-2013, 12:43 AM
Lee and Dillon both have always been good about forecasting and maintaining a healthy backstock of repair/replacement parts and equipment in order to take care of their existing customers.

I would suspect that the "sixteen weeks out" was in reference to having all back-orders for the various online dealers not just filled, but also having enough backstop to meet actual as well as forecast sales.

Lee can often frustrate me to unbelievable levels, but I also agree that I WANT them to continue succeeding because they are a family-owned business and have not sold out to Wall Street and they have not cow-towed to the government and politics.

I feel the same way about Dillon and Hornady which is why I try to keep my reloading bench as red and blue as possible. I like RCBS dies, but I like buying from family-owned businesses more--and I can do that with Dillon, Lee and Hornady dies and still get my quality and customer service.

:coffee:

jmort
05-18-2013, 01:16 AM
I can call Lee Precision and get an answer immediately. I just called them a couple weeks ago and phone was answered immediately and I had my answer in about 1 minute. I have read many, many complaints about Dillion from customers just like this one from Dillion's site. At least Dillion left it there and did not suppress the problems they are having.

Disapointed in Customer Service

By magyars4
Published on: 2013-03-11 at 9:30 AM
Replies: 0
Recently purchased a used SDB and have issues w/ consistant powder charge.

I spent 1/2 hr on the phone waiting for a rep on Tuesday 3-5, then another 1/2 hr on Wed. 3-6 never having spoken to a live person.. I then sent a request by web page for assistance...the web page stated I would recieve a call in 48 hrs....so I waited...and Friday evening ( not having heard from Dillon) I sent a 2nd request from the web page...well today I am still waiting.

I have a Dillon Jr that I bought direct many years ago and it has never been a problem....If Dillons Customer service has fallen this far, I am afraid I will have to look elsewhere for my reloading needs.

Regards,

Frank Setash

Lee Precision is #1 and still answers the phones. God Bless Lee Precision and thanks to Lee Precision for sponsoring this site.

223Lorenzo
05-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Had a Alingment pin fall out of a older mold .Will they fix for hafe the price of a new one.?

max range
05-19-2013, 09:06 AM
I am happy for Lee Precision. A first class outfit. Its good to see them thriving. I will reluctantly take "16 weeks behind" for reloading equipment vs " 'don't even ask about it' backorder" for powder and primers.

timtonya
05-19-2013, 01:37 PM
I still wouldn't buy a Lee especially a loadmaster. What a boat anchor. I shouldve bought my dillon 550 first. Then I wouldn't have had to deal with more tinkering than loading.