PDA

View Full Version : After market triggers

sundog
09-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Anyone have a preference?

I'm thinking about replacing a factory trigger on a Rem 700, heavy bbl, varminter. Oh, let's not get TOO pricey, either.

scrapcan
09-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Timney, Jard, or Bold would work.

Jard makes new internals that you fit into your existing trigger group. Have not shot this trigger group.

Timney is and has been around the horn.

The bold I have not shot in a remington but it was a nice trigger group as a 98 replacement.

What I would like to try someday is the Keplinger single set trigger group that Brownells sells. Maybe someone will chime in on that one.

Ghugly
09-12-2007, 03:51 PM
I really can't add much to what manleyjt said. I have the Bold in a 98/22 and am more than happy with its quality, fit, and function..........and the price was outstanding.

Dale53
09-12-2007, 04:31 PM
The Remington factory trigger is a FINE trigger when properly adjusted.

Remington also made a 2 ounce trigger for those that need a benchrest trigger. Frankly, if you are using the trigger in the field, then a properly adjusted issue Remington is the way to go.

If you are EXCLUSIVELY shooting from the bench then a Remington 2 ounce trigger is a good way to go.

There is also another alternative : Shilen triggers (they have both a field trigger and a match trigger):

http://www.shilen.com/productsTriggers.html

Dale53

felix
09-12-2007, 04:41 PM
The best trigger out there for the money is the Arnold Jewell trigger. Get the one made for varmint guns, not the BR guns. These triggers are three way adjustable without taking the stock off of the gun. Corky, this is the one on my bench gun; I exchanged the 2 oz trigger for this varmint one because it allows a perfect 6 oz let off as well, but permits 2 pounds via adjustments. Transportable, you know, for another remmie 700 lookalike just in case the BR gun finds another home (doubtful). Many places have them now. Give me a call.... felix

felix
09-12-2007, 04:49 PM
http://www.brunoshooters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BSS&Category_Code=44JW

sundog
09-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Yea, well, I'm looking for someone who has actually put an after market on a 700 recently and had something good to say about it. I'm not impressed with Timney.

leftiye
09-13-2007, 02:16 AM
Ditto on what Dale 53 said. I've got a Remington match trigger on my 700 in 300 WM and I love it. Good enough is good enough when anything better is indistinguishable from good enough.

Lloyd Smale
09-13-2007, 05:57 AM
another fan of the remington trigger but then i have no need for a trigger under a lb on any gun. I dont shoot benchrest competitively but have given it a whirl a couple times and did fine with the old rem i had that my buddy stroked down to a lb. shooting against guys with breath on triggers. If you were talking anything but a remington i could see it. But then your needs may be different then mine. Lots of guys dont believe in the 2lb triggers i have on all my sixguns.

waksupi
09-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Timney, Bold, Same, same. Jewel, pricey. And I'm not all that sure it is such a big step over the formers.