PDA

View Full Version : Good News!

TXGunNut
05-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Had a bit of a health scare recently after a "routine" chest X-ray taken during a visit for an unrelated issue. Two CT scans and a PET scan later I got a conditional thumbs-up from my pulmonologist yesterday. He said there's a very remote chance of lymphoma and offered to order a biopsy if it would make me feel better. Never had a biopsy but can't imagine it making me feel better.:veryconfu I'm trusting his call on this one, will recheck in 8 or 9 months. Way too many scans done last few weeks, nowadays when I get up during the night I don't have to turn on the lights. :wink:
I got a new mould in this past week, think I'll celebrate by casting a few!

41 mag fan
05-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Thats good to hear on the health....go celebrate and cast a few!

TXGunNut
05-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Thanks, I did!

WILCO
05-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Good news!!! Will keep you in prayer.

05-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Good news and good looking boolits.

country gent
05-11-2013, 07:43 PM
That is good news congradulations on the good news from Doctor. And dont et that new mould set to long they get an attitude and work perform ( sort of like a wife ignored :veryconfu) Wishing you the best and all good health and hot lead

km101
05-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Good news from your Dr is always welcome. Glad to hear it.

I know what you mean about the scans. I have had more scans and seen more doctors and ER's than I really wanted to in the last month. Don't get me wrong, they are great people and I'm glad they're around, I just want to see them socially rather than professionally!

gunfan
05-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Excellent!

Scott

TXGunNut
05-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Yes, this doc is a friend and he knew my dad and his second wife personally and professionally. We talked about them on my first visit with him as a patient. His daughter, once one of their students, is graduating from med school this month. It was solemn moment for both of us.
Got those boolits sized and a second coat of lube is drying. Will assemble them another day, headed out to make a joyful noise with some new hunting loads in my Blackhawk!

DLCTEX
05-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Glad to hear a good report. That's my favorite way to unwind and is why I have such a stock of boolits cast up. Need to shoot more.

TXGunNut
05-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Casting, loading or shooting is good therapy regardless of what ails you. New load worked like a champ, now I've got some brass to bend.