PDA

View Full Version : 2800 sabots in 5 weeks-----

hubel458
05-11-2013, 04:12 AM
We've sold 2800 sabots in 5 weeks. 7200 left here.
And they can make more.
Get them while they're hot.
Starting to pickup a little. Hooray....
MO, Check, or Paypal. Paypal easiest.

Min of 200- $47 shipping included
300- $65 sh inc-- 400- $83 sh inc..Ed

http://www.gunownerstv.com/sabotpile.jpg

hubel458
05-11-2013, 02:24 PM
These are 12ga sabots taking 58cal slugs.
These slugs are real devastating. Use the ones with
diameters of .574" to .577". Nothing bigger diameter is needed.

58cal slugs for these can be bought at Dixie Gunworks.
Item Numbers-- BA 1103 48.50 per 100
and BU 0901 52.50 per 100

There are 3 guys selling the right diameter ones on Gunbroker.
Their names on there are --
Blue Falcon --who has 3 or 4 that will fit.
Maplewoodbullets-- who has 2 weights in old style Lyman in one listing.
peoprepofkal-- has old style lyman in 490g

All of these are 40-50cents each.Ed

jmort
05-11-2013, 03:33 PM
You will be at 6,800 or less today when get back later.

dverna
05-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Sir,

Do you have any accuracy data for 100 yards with both rifled and smooth bore barrels?

Thanks,
Don

HangFireW8
05-11-2013, 07:43 PM
58cal slugs for these can be bought at Dixie Gunworks.
Item Numbers-- BA 1103 48.50 per 100
and BU 0901 52.50 per 100

All of these are 40-50cents each.Ed

Buy lead slugs? At half a buck apiece? Why on earth would anyone do that?

HF

hubel458
05-11-2013, 08:52 PM
You can cast your own. Molds around for 20-40 bucks. Lead $2 lb. But you know guys were
paying much more than that for jacketed 50 cal pistol bullets, that are non-existant
on any shelves around here anymore, to put in sabots that were undersize junk,
and as well those sabots cost twice what ours is .And ours loaded are fraction of factory rounds.
A few guys don't cast. Give their money to some who do to get good slugs. And these 58cal
cast slugs are much better than smaller pistol stuff.....Accuracy and good power is worth a little.
Here is picture of a 6" thick timber showing how they can penetrate
and but stillexpand a little going through, a 440 one going about 2100.

http://www.gunownerstv.com/58calpen.jpg

Here is 50 yd target from scoped NEF Ultra rifled.. Only load we tried. A hot load
I am not a hotshot marksman. But these will perform with good shooters.
I got similiar group at 25-30 yds from smoothbore. The slugs we use
are hollowbase so they will act somewhat like foster slug for short range.
But sabot is mainly for rifled with most slugs, although some of the Minies
with a deeper hollowbase do work in smooth.Sabot still
opens ok in smooth.Ed

http://www.gunownerstv.com/sabottarget.jpg

tomme boy
05-11-2013, 10:15 PM
So do you have or are you going to get a dealer account on this site? Just saying!

HangFireW8
05-11-2013, 10:44 PM
So do you have or are you going to get a dealer account on this site? Just saying!

This. And sell in the sale threads not the discussion forums....

turbo1889
05-11-2013, 11:32 PM
Other venders who are well known to this forum have had sale threads for shotgun specific items put into this forum section before instead of the sales section. Most recent example being the double cavity clone mold for making Lyman 525 Wad-Slugs that MiHec made up for use. Provided it is something that is specific only to shotguns I don't think it is a problem, other vendors have done it before without getting any complaints and rather people were glad to have the items available and not having to search the sales section to locate the shotgun specific items. Same has been done with other sections of this forum such as the Gas Check section for those selling gas checks or tools to make them yourself.

As to Hubel not being listed as a vender sponser account on this forum in his main thread were he first offered these he pointed out he is only trying to recoup his initial cost he put into having the sabots made up and he isn't charging enough to cover even his gas to take the packages down to the post office much less make a profit, just trying to recover his initial outlay of personal funds to get the project off the ground and get someone to start making sabots for us reloaders that actually work correctly and are the correct size and not undersize like previous offerings.

I am not a moderator but if it were up to me so long as that is true I would let it pass, now once he has sold his initial order that included the tooling cost he had to cover and it starts to actually be a profit business for him, then yes he should get his account upgraded to a vender sponser account.

hubel458
05-11-2013, 11:59 PM
Yes I'm just trying to get out of hock this
project put me in. I only did it to get good sabots
out to shotgun only deer and hog hunters and shotgun
target shooters. I'm just a researcher on retirement
income, no money to be made on this.
Thankyou turbo for the good word..

Bad part of it is we can't even send these out of country
without export permit for each single order. Not even
the mfg.. Permits that cost 250-550 bucks and takes
6 months to get. Inquirys from 2 guys in India/Aus and 3 in
Canada that I can't ship to due to stupid laws..Ed

jmort
05-12-2013, 02:34 AM
Amazing that anyone would question Ed on this. To those that question Ed, you have contributed nothing in comparison to Ed and his thread that is so extremely useful and informative. Between Ed and Ajay, we have the best of the best, and you should be nothing but grateful for their wisdom and experience. Since you are not a moderator or site owner, why not just thank Ed and buy some of his sabots or at the very least mind your own business and move on to another thread or forum and leave the most useful members alone.

turbo1889
05-12-2013, 03:00 AM
To be fair until Ed's most recent post if you weren't following his master thread you wouldn't know that he was selling these at cost. I think we should at least give them the benefit of that doubt.

jmort
05-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Yes I agree, just got Teed-off.

SuperBlazingSabots
05-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Bravo Brother Turbo and Jmortimer, this very part of this forum is unlike any other on the Net, we who come here regularly are not guests but family member's who get together to share and learn from one another and the most beautiful thing is if we disagree then we do so respectfully and not call names.

If we the Elete Slug Shooter's group do not stick together, other's coming from outside would love to chew us out and would love to turn this family forum as yet another grave yard!!!

Let me make it very clear, there is no money in our project and it cost a lot of money and testing but its all being done for the love of the sport and be able to share it with our family, my big brother Ed, even tho he sold some 2800 sabots has not made enough money to treat his beautiful wife and family for a good dinner treat!
I have seen Turbo's prices for slugs that he sell's, do you think he is making money?

I'll help my Big Brother Ed, as he has always stood by me.

I'm proud of my family.

"No man is a failure who is enjoying life at the range."- Blazing Sabots

Best regards,
Ajay
BlazingSabots@Gmail.com
Blazing Sabots, LLC
www.facebook.com/BlazingSabots?ref=hl

jmort
05-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Bump to encourage others to get on board. Got my first order of 400 today. Will be ordering more, really nice. Thanks for putting in the hard work on getting these sabots to the public.

brad2506
05-22-2013, 04:06 AM

just curious, are you sure about this ?
im an aussie and have had no trouble getting shotgun components sent from america to australia from 'slugs r us' and 'BPI' ? i was under the impression that shotgun and only shotgun gear was exempt from the export permit ********.
I can get brass or projectiles but i did get brass shotshells and .50cal projectiles with sabots sent no troubles ?

Norbrat
05-22-2013, 04:32 AM

Just call them "Plastic moldings - artist supplies"

Make no mention of firearms and no-one at USPS will bat an eyelid.

I've had brass sent out as "Brass extrusions", reloading tools as "press tools" and gun parts as "metal parts".

Unless it's obviously gun related, ie, a barrel, grip, slide, etc, most people in the postal and customs service have no idea what the items are.

hubel458
05-22-2013, 11:51 AM
I looked at the laws and they seem to say that I can't send
shotgun stuff without export permit for each order to Canada.
I called BPI and they said same thing.Ed

Brownells on their info for the wads they sell have this-

Foreign Shipping
This item cannot be shipped out of the United States.

We can send presses and dies and trimmers out of US.
And about any reloading equipment. Funny laws.

We now have moved 3700 sabots. 6300 left here.Ed

sparky45
05-22-2013, 12:33 PM

I had a concerned member (a different Forum) give me the same speech on some Bench Rest Loading Blocks I made for some fellow Bench Rest Shooters as a service to them and it made me so mad I didn't make any more once the fellow shooters received theirs. At the price I charged there wasn't ANY profit and I made them as a favor/service for my fellow BR Shooters. I don't know why some interfere when you basically try to help out other people. I turned down numerous orders for the Blocks, maybe I should have thanked the "concerned member" for saving me time and money.

SuperBlazingSabots
05-22-2013, 12:58 PM
Greeting's, this part of the forum is the true Brotherly Forum and we all need to stick together and unite as one family, let no one break our bond's among each other and will to share among ourselves, I can't say that for any other forum!

We hang out here for its our club house, where we meet and share our expriences!

My hat's off to my family of Slug Shooter's here.

Best regards,
Ajay
BlazingSabots@Gmail.com
Blazing Sabots, LLC
www.facebook.com/BlazingSabots?ref=hl

Norbrat
05-22-2013, 06:50 PM

Foreign Shipping

Well, sure, any ammo component is a restricted export out of the USA (homeland security and all that), but not necessarily restricted as an import into another country.

This includes gas checks, and some companies will not ship these either, but some will as they just call them copper pressings.

The point is that if you put on the manifest that they are plastic mouldings and make no mention at all that they MAY end up part of a loaded shotgun shell, they are suddenly OK to export. After all, YOU cannot possibly know what the buyer MIGHT use them for!

nagantguy
05-22-2013, 07:44 PM
Seems like the buy the book fun police have showed up, to bad it was fun while it lasted. He is a guy selling a great hard to find product at rock bottom prices to fellow shooters and casters and someone wants to know if his "papers are in order". Don't we get enough of that from big sis and the rest of the stooges?

hubel458
05-22-2013, 07:48 PM
I know it is not restricted on your end, coming into AUS or Can.

But I don't dare chance it, as we got US import permits getting going for
my 585HE empty cases from Bertram in AUS, and don't want to screw that up.

Funny deal, as he can send cases to Canada just sticking them in the mail
and to get them here we needed 6 months, permits. big money,
and have to go through import firm......So you see what my concern is.

If party here got whole bunch sink strainers from me and
gifted them to friends in AUS, Can, India. I know nothing.Ed

cpileri
05-29-2013, 06:26 AM
just fyi, heres a target from test loads w these sabots in a smoothbore:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?199731-Safety-of-hubel-Sabot-in-875-muzzle-thickness-barrel&p=2236499&viewfull=1#post2236499
load described in post #27 same thread.
C-

brad2506
05-29-2013, 07:14 AM

Foreign Shipping

We now have moved 3700 sabots. 6300 left here.Ed

That's odd, are you sure Australia is the same as Canada regarding export of shotshell components
I've just placed an order with Eric from BPI and I asked him was this gear (wads, gas seals and sabots) ok to send to Australia and he again replied that all the shotshell gear (excluding live primers, powder and live ammo) was fine to send to Australia providing I have my import permit (B709a for the Aussie's on here) in order.

Please don't confuse my questions as pressuring you to bend the rules I'm just curios as to the inconsistencies ??

hubel458
05-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Do you have to send me a copy of that B709a,
to put on the package, or for me just
to have, for me to ship to you.
IE; how does all this process work.

If I can be assured of no trouble I'll ship to you. It'll cost more.
And for the extra cost and box size I'd have to sell 200 minimum.
And using medium flat rate box for your best deal you should
get 400 or more for the extra postage cost.Medium flat rate
will hold 600.

If you send me money and I have papers to cover my butt
from you, I'll be glad to ship to you.

I want guys in AUS to have them too. Ed

brad2506
05-30-2013, 02:42 AM
Do you have to send me a copy of that B709a,
to put on the package, or for me just
to have, for me to ship to you.
IE; how does all this process work.

If I can be assured of no trouble I'll ship to you. It'll cost more.
And for the extra cost and box size I'd have to sell 200 minimum.
And using medium flat rate box for your best deal you should
get 400 or more for the extra postage cost.Medium flat rate
will hold 600.

If you send me money and I have papers to cover my butt
from you, I'll be glad to ship to you.

I want guys in AUS to have them too. Ed

yep im supposed to get my B709a and email you a copy which you can then print a copy and send with the goods and also keep a copy for yourself if you wish.

any idea of who is the best U.S governing body to contact ? id like to get a written confirmation myself from your officials before i purchase any more gear from america

hubel458
05-30-2013, 12:55 PM
I found this current info last night from a US company that
sells components overseas.They sell brass and bullets as well
as other stuff so I'm now sure it would be legal to sell shotgun wads to AUS.Ed
------------------

Miken Inc.
ReloadingInternational.com
PO Box 1960
Bandon, Oregon 97411 USA

Import Permit:

A valid B709A is required for ammunition components imported to Australia.

Anyone wishing to obtain a B709A needs to contact the Firearms Registry department of their AUS State Police Force. The B709A gives Police confirmation and certification that the imported item is within State laws.

The B709A is only used in relation to the importation of firearms, some firearm parts/accessories, ammunition and components. In some states you can download the application form from the state police website. It takes about 2 weeks to process and it is free.

When the goods arrives in Australia, customs will hold the package and contact the importer requesting the B709A form. When they receive it the package will be released. We have found that including a copy of the B709A in the packing list envelope speeds customs clearance so we include a copy of B709A with all shipments.

Once you have the your B709A, send to us.