PDA

View Full Version : help with a ballisticast sizer.

Crocks and Socks
05-09-2013, 07:07 PM
i have recently bought a ballisticast setup (second hand). i have the autocaster as well as the mark v lubrisizer. i have gotten the caster running correctly, but for the life of me i can not get the sizer to cycle correctly. i didnt recieve any manuals with the machines and it is all pretty much trial and error.

my problems with the sizer or questions rather are these.

1. what pressure do i need to have my air set at?

2. what do i need to do in order to get the machine running in time with itself. ( right now the slide will grab a bullet but not pull it back far enough for the plunger to strike it and push it through the sizing die.)

3. what do i need to do to adjust where the lube is placed on the projectile? right now when the machine is cycled manually and i push the slide back far enough to get the plunger to push the bullet through the sizing die the lube gets everywhere but in the lube grooves of the bullet. and i mean its not just a lil lube its quite a bit.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Crocks and Socks
05-09-2013, 07:09 PM
also if i let the machine sit with out running and leave the base heater and tube heater on it will run wax out the bottom of the sizing die.

Dave Bob
05-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Sounds like too much heat or pressure or both for the lube running out of the die. But contact Ballisticast, I'm sure they will help you get up and running.

Dave

Crocks and Socks
05-13-2013, 01:41 AM
well i sent ballisticast a private message and havent heard anything yet. i guess i will try and call them tomorrow and see fi i can get it ironed out.

6bg6ga
05-14-2013, 06:40 AM
Why don't you call them. I would assume they are very busy making product and shipping it out.