PDA

View Full Version : Ballistic products hulls crimp problems

acemedic13
05-07-2013, 06:34 AM
I just bought a few hundred of these white "Ballistic Products" primed 12 ga hulls. These are barand new and have never been loaded. Whenever I crimp these suckers on my MEC they crimp way too deep and cause the crimp to open in the middle and allow a small hole to remain. I adjusted my 2nd crimp stage, but tis still a problem. Anyone else have this issue, or a similar one? Any help w
ould be great. Thanks

labradigger1
05-07-2013, 06:44 AM
are the hulls skived? it sounds like your wad is compressed too deeply or perhaps you need to add an overshot card to bring the internals up to the correct inside length.

SuperBlazingSabots
05-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Good advise, Labradigger!

Best regards,
Ajay
BlazingSabots@Gmail.com
Blazing Sabots, LLC
www.facebook.com/BlazingSabots?ref=hl

acemedic13
05-15-2013, 06:07 AM
I did trim a few down to see how it would go. No great results. I loaded and fired a few then immediately reloaded them again. 3 out of 7 loaded just as well as a AA but the rest did pretty much the same thing. I have been gone a few weeks but im back at this now and will set my wad depth and try an overshot card. Thanks for the heads up here. Joel

Four-Sixty
05-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Are those crimp starters that BPI offers even necessary on new hulls? Anyone have experience with them?

SuperBlazingSabots
05-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Hello Acemedic, those white clear hulls from BPI are Federal hulls and at times you need to crimp start in multi-stroke gently a little bit more each time in 3 to 4 strokes and then they work out fine instead of one quick stroke as the plastic will not fully form.

I use them all the time but one hull at a time since I only load Blazing Sabot's, slugs and round ball these days full time, and the good news is I don't even get paid!

I hope the information helps.

Best regards,
Ajay
BlazingSabots@Gmail.com
Blazing Sabots, LLC
www.facebook.com/BlazingSabots?ref=hl