PDA

View Full Version : Passing it along

Moonie
05-06-2013, 09:13 AM
14 year old daughter casting 155gr Lee .312's for the AR's. She worked on it for about 30 minutes, until bedtime. I have to admit, she did pretty good especially for her first time. I've promised her the next trip to the range will be just the two of us. Last time I went to the range she baby sat my oldest son's 3 girls while the two of us went.

Jim
05-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Honestly, the very first thing I noticed was the gloves and safety glasses. Good job on the safety training, Moonie!

I think you got yourself a castin' & shootin' buddy and a cute one at that! [smilie=w:

mold maker
05-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Keep them close, involved, and interested, as long as you can. Way too soon, they will discover other interests that, at the time, are more important.

Moonie
05-06-2013, 10:09 AM
I have a 22 year old son that is somewhat interested, when it fits his schedule. He works alot, has a beautiful girl friend and he is one of Uncle Sams Misguided Children, reserve. He probably won't have time for it in the near future as he is being deployed to the butt crack of the world in August for about a year.

As for the glasses, those are her's she wears them when shooting as well. Always safety first, the scars from my first tinsel fairy incident are over 20 years old and have faded to the point you can't see them, but I know they are there. She started with a full pot and fully heated mold and lots of instruction.

41 mag fan
05-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Looks like an evil grin in that 3rd pic Moonie!!!
But you got yourself a casting buddy now......just keep the boys at bay and you two will share many a good memory casting together.

Moonie
05-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Looks like an evil grin in that 3rd pic Moonie!!!
But you got yourself a casting buddy now......just keep the boys at bay and you two will share many a good memory casting together.

Funny, she said the same thing about the grin, keeping the boys away are not going to be a problem, she has 3 much older brothers, one is a Marine, all 3 carry guns, like their daddy.

41 mag fan
05-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Funny, she said the same thing about the grin, keeping the boys away are not going to be a problem, she has 3 much older brothers, one is a Marine, all 3 carry guns, like their daddy.

Shotgun on daddies lap sitting in a rocking chair on the porch leaves a VERY impressionable memory in those boys heads too!