PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shops in Denver

Gun-adian
09-09-2007, 09:16 PM
"Evening All,

Me and the Mrs. are going to be in Denver, Colorado from Sept. 17-20.

Any suggestions for a good place to shop??? Looking for casting and reloading stuff. We will have wheels so getting around won't be a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

mike in co
09-09-2007, 09:51 PM
guns are not allowed in the peoples democracies of denver and boulder........lol.

a couple of chains, sportsmans wearhouse, dick's, gander mountain, bass pro.
a couple small, a couple bigger nice shops..green mountain guns is one, daves guns is one, the firing line is nice( one of my customers).

denver is the center of a large metro area of over seven counties and a ton of cities. a single street may go thru a bunch of cities.

try a google or map quest search to plan your trip.

where are you coming from ?? think you are missing the two local gun shows.

Gun-adian
09-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Was just corrected by the wife. Aurora's where we're staying. Does that help narrow it down?

(Bummer about the gun shows. One of these days, I'll time it right.....)

Thanks for the info.

Mike.

mike in co
09-09-2007, 11:42 PM
aurora is a long, north south city just so/east of denver . gander mountain, sportsmans wearhouse, daves guns, firing line all with in a few miles of each other. use I225 and alameda as a pivot point.

Gun-adian
09-10-2007, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the info, Mike.

Quick questions...Do any of these places have a public shooting range? Can I bring my own guns and ammo or do I have to rent their's?

Thanks

Mike

waksupi
09-10-2007, 07:54 AM
" We will have wheels so getting around won't be a problem.

Mike.

SO, I see you have obviously not driven in Denver before!

armexman
09-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Hola, There is an "okay" shop in Arvada, west of Aurora, on 58th and Independence. Reloaders Corner, 303-422-8481. It has a good selection of dies, new and used molds and is my go to place for when I do not want to order on the net. The owner is in the opinion of other shoppers a little strange but if it is a good day he can be very nice if only a little gruff. "Mapquest" this place and if you still have questions e-mail me and I will gladly help you. If you go there,he on occasion has some estate sale items that can really surprise you as to the esoteric value.

RBak
09-10-2007, 11:01 AM
While you're in the area, you may want to run by the Colorado School of Trades in Lakewood and see "the worlds largest gun repair shop".
Visitors are welcome, and a walk through only takes about 30 minutes....unless you ask a lot of questions, then you're on your on.

And, waksupi is right! You haven't really driven in a city 'till you've driven in Denver....especially when the Bronc's are playing! :???:

Gawd, What an experience!

Russ...

pumpguy
09-10-2007, 11:45 AM
The Firing Line has an indoor pistol range. You can bring your own guns and ammo. They do not let you shoot half jacketed rounds, though. You can shoot all day as many guns as you want for $10.00. They sell targets but you can bring your own as long as they are paper. Pretty decent bunch of guys. It is easy to find, too. They're right off I225 at the Alameda exit. Their number is 303-363-0041 if you need help getting there. As far as the traffic goes, you have nothing to worry about if you realize your turn signal is an invite to the guy you are about to get in front of to punch it and close the gap. Actually, for a larger city, Denver is pretty well marked and laid out. Stay in the middle lane and pay attention to the signs. They usually start telling you where your exit is about 3-4 miles before you get there.

scrapcan
09-10-2007, 01:02 PM
I have to tell you guys about the first trip I made to downtown Denver with a tractor trailer. The Guy driving the other truck gave me the instructions that I still use today.

He said first thing when we get in slam your hand in the door and then you will be in the correct mindset, then don't look back. Turn your signal on and go, they will move if they are smaller than you. If they are bigger you just saw them move into your lane ahead of you.

I don't advocate that to any drivers, but it is not too far from the truth.

And thanks for posting the names of places to stop and leave a few coins.

Gun-adian
09-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Hi Guys.

Just got home from our trip to Denver.

Thanks for all the info on the gun shops in the area. I managed to sneak away and check out The Firing Line. Nice guys and a great set up. I was planning on bringing my own guns down with me so I could shoot there but the (ahem) "nice" border guard wouldn't let me bring them across even though my US hunting licence and my ATF Form 6NIA was all in order. I guess it was his turn to play "God". That's what I get for crossing the border at 2am. Bored customs officers.

I also managed to check out the Sportsman's Warehouse in Aurora. Wow, nice gun counter. I love the way the handguns are displayed. It's like buying Kraft dinner at the grocery store. Take one off the shelf and there's three more behind it. You'd never see a display like that up here. Too many liberals would have collective heart attacks.(and that's a bad thing?????). I spent a good hour just chatting with the guy behind the counter. He had no problem talking to me even though he knew I couldn't buy anything. Throughout our conversation he kept asking "Are you sure you don't want to look at anything? I don't mind, I'm not on commission". I gotta say there's worse ways to waste an hour.

I did a search and found a Sportsman's Warehouse just below Bellingham, Wash. I managed to check it out on the way home. Same set up, same great staff. I found my new "Shopping Heaven".

The only crappy thing about the trip was the wife got really sick on the second day. So we really didn't do too much. Got home yesterday and she's still in bed.

Good trip otherwise.

Thanks for lettin' me ramble.

Mike.

Gun-adian
09-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Oh Yeah. One more thing.....

The traffic really wasn't that bad.

Seattle was worse!!!!