PDA

View Full Version : Feel the need for a separate Forum just for Sabot's, Slug's & Round Ball ! ! !

SuperBlazingSabots
05-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Greetings, I'm starting to feel that we Slug Shooter's could use a dedicated Forum just for Sabot's, Slugs, Round Ball & Buck shots only.

At least this family is prospering and advancing, where as when I go to other forums all I see is not much action.

Do you agree with me and if yes then please speak your mind.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ajay

waksupi
05-05-2013, 11:07 AM
We already have one, called

Casting for Shotguns.

jmort
05-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Ajay, you and Ed are on the cutting edge and I see both your threads most everywhere. I mostly comment here and at times over at Shotgun World. Casting for shotguns is a broad sub-forum food group. It seems it is dominated by buck, ball, sabot and slugs. Not many posts about anything other than that. I agree that two separate forums, would make more sense as all I care about is buck, ball, sabot and slugs. And I agree, this is the most involved forum that I have seen - real good group here.

SuperBlazingSabots
05-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Thanks, Brother JmorTimer, this family respects one another and we all come here to share and learn from each other and if we do disagree then do so respectfully as a family should.

A gold mine of information here, but at times it does get lost in between, that's why I feel lets keek things in its place and would be easier to navigate!

Thanks for your honest feed back.

Best regards,
Ajay

Hogtamer
05-05-2013, 12:20 PM
If it's not too much trouble....fairly new here and I've plowed through a lot material to find the info. Must say I've learned an awful lot about big shotgun projectiles here I could not find ANYWHERE else. Thank you!

jmort
05-05-2013, 12:37 PM
It appears the mod(s) "shot" the idea down, but very little mod involvement here in the first place. Goodsteel and Jeff in NZ on occasion. Otherwise, it is the usual suspects, and again, a fine group posting here. I believe it is the most civilized sub-forum I have been ever seen. Great members and great info. Too bad, as noted, because this is the cutting edge in buck, ball, sabot,and slugs for shotguns anywhere. A dedicated group deserves a dedicated sub-forum. The best of the best.

SuperBlazingSabots
05-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Hello HogTamer, this is indeed the the forum with a Gold mine of information and a caring family,
I was just checking some other forums and they were not even alive and kicking, no action.
Let's make this forum even stronger and healthier financially.
I know times are very bad but still we all can give, we do still live in the greatest country in the world.
If they agree to give us a " buck, ball, sabot and slugs " forum like Brother JmorTimer put it, I'll be the first to gladly donate yet another $200.

Thanks for your honest feed back.

Best regards,
Ajay

jmort
05-05-2013, 12:48 PM
If common sense will not prevail, then I will up my $$$ participation. It would be a win-win as I don't believe the mods "get-it" - this is the best of the best when it comes to "big shotgun projectiles " as Hogtamer so aptly put it. I think that would be a good nick-name for the new sub-forum "Big Shotgun Projectiles" aka Buck, Ball, Sabot,and Slug Casting and Reloading

turbo1889
05-05-2013, 03:03 PM
My personal suggestion for a sub-forum set-up in this section would be as follows:

Crurrent Tree Set-up:

~ Forum
----- Guns & Shooting
----- ----- Casting for Shotguns

My Suggestion:

~ Forum
----- Guns & Shooting
----- ----- ----- General Shotgun *(Please put all future big projectile threads in new sub-sections.)
----- ----- ----- Big Projectiles for Smooth Bore (Buckshot, Ball, Slug, etc . . .)
----- ----- ----- Rifled Barrel Dedicated Slug Guns (Slugs & Sabot Slugs, etc . . .)

I think the main objection from the Mods. would be that it would be a huge PITA to move even just the most recent and most popular slug threads around and split them into the correct sub-catagories. As to having seperate sub sections for smooth vs. rifled that makes a huge amount of sense to me since there are huge differences in what works and doesn't work when loading for both and the problems that must be over-come in each case. A load that shoots great in one type might be terrible or even damage a gun (example - split the end of the barrel at the choke) if fired in the other.

jmort
05-05-2013, 03:27 PM
There is an overlap between smooth and rifled - a venn diagram would help. And single "large projectile" subforum would suffice

waksupi
05-05-2013, 03:47 PM
My particular objection is that we try to keep the number of forums to a manageable level. Some boards are a mile long with all the different headings.
As for sorting out all of the proper related posts, this board is nearing 2 million posts. I know I wouldn't care for the task!
Ken may have a different idea on it, I'm only one voice.

jmort
05-05-2013, 03:53 PM
That is a fair response. I agree that an endless listing of sub-forums turns me off as well. I would only point out, that this group is the best out there - seriously. Nothing else comes close. I believe Cast Boolits is the best site in general and this is the best buck, ball, sabot, slug forum anywhere, period. What a great group. Makes the vaunted Shotgun World "Slug" forum, which I like, look like high school compared to the PhD level of contributors here. This is "the" place.

SuperBlazingSabots
05-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Bravo, very well said Brother.

This is indeed a very Elite group and we can and should all be proud of our family!!!!!!!

Amen to that.

Best regards,
Ajay

turbo1889
05-05-2013, 04:48 PM
There is an overlap between smooth and rifled - a venn diagram would help. And single "large projectile" subforum would suffice

I would certainly agree that there is overlap but its my experience that building loads that "work in either or" requires considerable compromise in the performance and accuracy in both. There are certainly loaders that are loading such loads (myself included) but deeper I get into this particular nitch of the hobby the more and more I build separate loads for each in order to get optimum results from each without having to compromise heavily to span the wide gap between the two with a single load. I would also lay odds that most "newbies" at least initially are probably loading for one or the other and not both at the same time and seperating the two would help with the contradictory information that results from discussing loads tailored to each with quite a few diametrically opposite methodologies and results between the two types.

For example: For a rifled barrel 12ga. good to excellent results can be had almost immediately by going with a full bore solid slug cast from hard alloy (AM#73-**** series molds are an excellent example and source) but if you try that same combination in a smooth bore with a choke your going to get patterns of key-holes and possibly split the end of your barrel at the choke. For the smooth bore you need some kind of hollow base or attached-tail set-up or a round ball and if your going to go full bore diameter you need reasonably soft lead with relief grooves instead of hard if you want it to be "choke safe". Diametrically opposed methods and results which I'm sure is confusing to the newbie especially considering well over half of the posts don't clearly clarify what kind of gun they are using a particular load combination in. And that isn't even getting into the deeper technical accuracy discussions where nose-heavy improves accuracy from a smooth bore and hurts accuracy from a rifled barrel, and a similar but more complicated set of contradictions for length to diameter ratios between the two types.

jmort
05-05-2013, 05:19 PM
I agree, but we are not getting squat, so to think we can dice-up this great thing is pie in the sky. Realistically, we are getting nothing new, best case scenario, we get what the Wise Man Ajay suggested. Whoever cares about this should chime-in. Squeaky wheel...

turbo1889
05-05-2013, 06:21 PM
I don't think I would have quite worded it that way. Having a nice forum with a decent membership to discuss shotgun loads (way, way, way better then another forum dedicated to shotguns that I will refuse to name here) isn't exactly squat.

But I get what your saying, a single division if that is all we can get is better so take what you can get. I'm more of the philosophy of starting out asking for a horse if what I want is a dog (never did that in that specific situation as a kid myself but my siblings did).

jmort
05-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Man I love all you guys. Shotguns with "big projectiles" rule.

pipehand
05-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Greetings, I'm starting to feel that we Slug Shooter's could use a dedicated Forum just for Sabot's, Slugs, Round Ball & Buck shots only.

At least this family is prospering and advancing, where as when I go to other forums all I see is not much action.

Do you agree with me and if yes then please speak your mind.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ajay

"Do you agree with me and if yes then please speak your mind." Priceless, Ajay. Actually like the forum like it is. 90+% seems to be big ball/slug/sabot related. If it was split off into 2 or more subs, I'd still read them all, so I'm not really clear on what would be gained by splitting things up.

newcastter
05-05-2013, 08:06 PM
I am for a new sub forum on this subject, I thought we just upgraded to a much bigger and better server to handle all of our activity. Creating an unmanagable level by adding this sub forum sounds like a quick excuse from someone who doesn't agree with the rest of us.
I vote to add it, I dont have alot to donate but would be willing if needed.

turbo1889
05-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Along the lines of starting out asking for a horse if you want a dog, I'll adjust my suggested Layout slightly:

~ Forum
----- Guns & Shooting
----- ----- ----- General Shotgun *(Please put all future big projectile threads in appropriate new sub-section below.)
----- ----- ----- Conventional Many-Balls Stacked Layer Buckshot Pellet Loads
----- ----- ----- Just a Few Mega-Big Balls Buck-Shot Loads (Double-Ball, Tri-Ball, etc . . . Loads)
----- ----- ----- Single Big Projectile Slug Loads for Smooth Bore Guns
----- ----- ----- Specific Loads for Rifled Barrel Dedicated Slug Guns (Slugs & Sabot Slugs, etc . . .)
----- ----- ----- Slug Loads that MUST work safely and reasonably well in ALL shotguns (Smooth, Rifled, Full-Choke, No-Choke, etc . . .)

waksupi
05-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Had anyone contacted Ken or Willie directly? They may not even know this thread exists.

jmort
05-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Good Idea - Thanks

missionary5155
05-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Greetings
I think it is a good idea.
I give as an example the rescent expansion of "Our Town" to include "The Chapel" , "Helping Hands" and so forth. Really streamlined (for me) what I am looking for in the morning.
To view this from the opposite direction.. If someone is seriously looking for "Shot Making" that member would not have to wade through all the Round Ball,Solid Slugs, Hollow Base or Screwed on Fin dino busters.
So my two centimos from the real south of the border is "I like it". It can Happen.
Mike in Peru

turbo1889
05-05-2013, 09:43 PM
If a set of sensible sub-categories is set-up I'll volunteer at least 2-hrs a weekend for the next two months or so moving existing threads in this section into the subs. Someone would have to authorize me with the tool set to do that (and I would strongly prefer the tool-set go away after I've completed my commitment) and I would start on the first page and work my way down and see how far I got. Can't guarentee every thread that should be moved would be or that everyone would agree with where I moved it but I'm game for at least doing some of the more recent ones.

jmort
05-05-2013, 09:52 PM
We are all givers here. Thanks

pipehand
05-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Mike, what you said about the Our Town forum makes sense. There were 13,486 threads and 209,713 posts there a few minutes ago.

This Casting For Shotguns forum had 1,709 threads and 19,472 posts. Maybe I'm too eclectic in my pursuits, but I'm not seeing how splitting things up will make my smoothbore loads perform better. If I'm looking for something in particular, I just use the search functions.

The only advantage there might be, is advertising revenue through more closely targeted banners for each subforum. I could be wrong on that, as I have no idea how any of that works.

jmort
05-05-2013, 09:59 PM
One "No" vote and the balance, all "Yes" votes. It is clear right now what the posters here want.

pipehand
05-05-2013, 10:10 PM
One "No" vote and the balance, all "Yes" votes. It is clear right now what the posters here want.

Changing things isn't going to affect me at all. Whatever happens, I'll figure it out and be happy there's a forum we can discuss and share in. I'm not the "No!" guy, I'm the "why?" guy.

jmort
05-05-2013, 10:13 PM
That is an important distinction. I see your point, but a better defined sub-forum makes sense to me and might attract more attention/participants. We all love "Big Projectile" shotgun ammunition. That is the important part, and we will not be divided.

longbow
05-06-2013, 12:48 AM
In all honesty, I am quite happy with things the way they are. I like simple!

However, I do see a concern like turbo mentions especially with new folks maybe digesting partial information or not understanding differences between cylinder bore, choked and rifled guns. A full bore solid or even thick skirted hardened alloy slug could easily destroy a choked gun yet be fine in cylinder bore or rifled barrel.

Not sure how you deal with that because even with sub forums "smoothbore" doesn't say "no chokes".

One of my great fears (rightly or wrongly) is that if I load up solids or thick skirted slugs, or even 0.735" RB's, for cylinder bore and they ever find their way into a choked gun for whatever reason, that gun and shooter may get damaged.

This is the reason I have been working on ribbed/finned slugs, wad slugs and round balls in shotcups ~ so they are choke safe. I don't much care if one of my choke safe loads winds up in a choked gun and doesn't produce decent accuracy AS LONG AS IT IS SAFE TO SHOOT.

I see all sort of posts regarding things like rechambering guns for different brass (like can I rechamber my .44 Special handguns to .44 mag so mag brass can be used at reduced loads) and the responses are always the same "What if someone uses the higher pressure load in it?".

We already have that with .45-70 and various loadings for various guns from BP only to almost .458 Win loads and .45 Colt with Contender and Ruger only loads and I suppose even .375 Winchester which can be chambered in .38-55. It seems like an accident waiting to happen and I don't want to add to it with cylinder bore/rifled gun only loads. If I can make them choke safe, I will.

Having said all that, I don't know how best to deal with the posts to ensure that people understand what is going on. Maybe just a big bold warning at the start of the forum identifying the concerns between cylinder bore and choked guns would do it.

If you guys think that sub forums would make things clearer and safer then I am for it.

Longbow

pipehand
05-06-2013, 08:59 AM
I just re-read Ajay's original post. He wants a separate sub-forum for slugs, ball, sabot and buck. Currently, unless I'm missing something, this shotgun forum includes those things plus dropped shot.

Ajay, did you mean to say "Lets give the shottmaker guys their own subforum"?

SuperBlazingSabots
05-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Good morning, all I'm asking is to keep a forum just for " Buck shot, Round ball, Slug in wad, Buck & ball, Slugs & Sabots " all in one forum!

We have some very good things going and are lucky enough to have the right family, who care to share.

I'm starting to see the forum is full of the above, perhaps it would be easier to re name this forum and give the Shot shell loader's a newer forum and move their posts, should be easy this way!

It is something to be happy about that we have out grown and feel the need to expand because you all are caring enough to rise to the occasion and help other's with your experiences!

Lets be positive about the whole thing, the glass is indeed 3/4 full, not half empty!
This is my second home, I love it ! !

Beat regards,
Ajay

Cap'n Morgan
05-06-2013, 03:38 PM
I'm with Longbow on this one. Keep It Simple!

In my humble opinion, what Cast Boolits really needs, is a sticky on the front page IN GLARING RED CAPITAL LETTERS on how to search for stuff in the various forums. All the information anyone could ever need about casting is in here times ten, but the sheer amount of posts (half of them rehashes over topics already beaten to death) makes it hard to find for the newbie.

MBTcustom
05-06-2013, 06:05 PM
I just re-read Ajay's original post. He wants a separate sub-forum for slugs, ball, sabot and buck. Currently, unless I'm missing something, this shotgun forum includes those things plus dropped shot.

Ajay, did you mean to say "Lets give the shottmaker guys their own subforum"?

That's my thoughts exactly.
"Buckshot, round ball, slug in wad, buck&ball, slugs and sabots"
That covers 99% of all shotgun casting already, and was the original intent of this forum. The only thing that not covered in that list is dropped shot making, and considering the expense of shotmaking tools makes it kind of a specialized hobby, would it not be better to make a subforum for that narrow slice of the sport?
When considering casting for shotguns, if we made it so that the main section was dedicated to dropped shot, and put everything else in the subforum, what sense does that make?
I just don't understand the necessity for creating a subforum for all the subjects that are regularly discussed in the main forum save one small one that few can participate in.

The main forum is the showpiece. We want new guys to open it up and right away get a good dose of what we do and how we roll.
I don't know about you fellers, but to me, slugs, round balls, and buckshot is what we are all about in casting for shotguns, and that's what I want folks to see when they open the door.

Consider this: where is all the action in this section? Have we made any startling exciting breakthroughs in dropped shot? Heck no! The things you want to hide in a subforum is where all the action is!
I just think we should do more to underline, hi light, and otherwise give the spotlight to keep the good stuff front and center! Nobody putts the turkey on the edge of the table so that everybody can look at the cream corn casserole ya know?

turbo1889
05-06-2013, 07:58 PM
I wasn't suggesting a set of sub-forums be added into the existing forum. Rather I was suggesting a splitting of the existing forum. Upon opening this section you wouldn't see a main forum section along with links to specialized sub-forums. You would only see links to two or more sub-forums with all the posts in one or the other(s). Not setting the turkey to the side with the cream corn in the middle. Rather putting all the meat on the side of the table and all the veggies on the other side of the table with a divider down the middle (assuming a two way split, could be more). If you be wanting meat you go to that end of the table and if you be wanting veggies you go to the other.

Basically not like the "Casting Equipment" forum which has a large main forum section and a medium size specialized sub-forum for star equipment but rather like the "Vendor Sponsors" section which has no threads in the main section only links to a family of sub-forums and all the threads are in those sub-forums.

Again, I'll update my suggestion for a layout:

~ Forum
----- Guns & Shooting
----- ----- Casting for Shotguns (No threads in this parent section just links to the sub-forums below)
----- ----- ----- General Shotgun *(Please put all future big projectile threads in appropriate new sub-section below.)
----- ----- ----- Buck-Shot Loads (Loads with two or more big balls)
----- ----- ----- Slug Loads that MUST work safely and reasonably well in ANY shotgun (Smooth, Rifled, Full-Choke, No-Choke, etc . . .)
----- ----- ----- Slug Loads Specifically for Smooth Bore Shotguns
----- ----- ----- Specific Loads for Rifled Barrel Dedicated Slug Guns (Slugs & Sabot Slugs, etc . . .)

dverna
05-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Goodsteel nailed it. So did Cap'n Morgan.

I see little benefit from having more sub-forums.

jmort
05-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Due to the fact that Ajay and Hubel458 do more than all others combined in advancing/teaching/sharing, I am in complete agreement with Ajay's suggestion. I continue in this belief, but the lack of consensus, and lack of moderator support, means this is a failed idea. Hopefully, this will continue to be the place to be, but the lack of support for Ajay's idea is disappointing. Possibly a separate forum/site dedicated to "Big Shotgun Projectiles" is in order. The dedicated few who "get it" are appreciated.

MBTcustom
05-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Not trying to beat you up or anything, but wouldn't that be kinda like getting the voice directory on the phone?

For slugs, press 1
For slugs in sabots press 2
For skirted slugs, press 3
For spherical slugs "round balls" press 4
For roundballs with buckshot, press 5
For buckshot, press 6
For alternative payloads press 7
For normal lead shot size "T" through "9", press 8
For all other inquiries, please stay on the line or press 0 for a moderator. LOL!

Seriously, I'm just kidding, but you get the point. It just seems very impersonal, and I just can't see what is so bad about the way it is now.

Also, I just took a walk on the wild side last year, and got a shotgun. I was able to come in here, do research, and learn what I needed to know in short order. The system worked like a charm, and my full bore .738 RB loads that would shoot through anything, made me locally famous. LOL!
So if your telling me it's broke, I have a hard time with that, because I have the unique perspective of entering the casting for shotguns section as a new guy, and I loved it.

I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents out there. I figure what we have now is simple, and it works really well (I know from personal experience). Creating a whole passle of subforums might make it look too "busy" and you might actually get a lot less participation because every new guy that comes here is going to be looking for buckshot loads, and might never consider opening up the "round ball" section, or the "Sabot" section. Right now, as you search for pertinent threads, you end up reading about all these disciplines and you might even like what you find!

When I came here, I was looking for info on the Lee key slugs, and Lee buckshot molds. Have I ever shot either of them? NO! I found out about the round ball loads, and it was all down hill from there.

Think about it.

Hogtamer
05-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Good point...

waksupi
05-07-2013, 01:02 AM
Something else related to Tim's post. The Cast Boolit forum is renowned and famous for thread drift. This is one of the few forums on the net you don't get jumped on for going off topic. If some one jumps on some one for doing so, they generally get chastised by the staff.
Some very pertinent piece of information on a related topic will show up in threads that are pretty much unrelated to the OP. Always remember, in a thread about bore condition, you may very well also learn how to adjust the derailleur on your old Schwinn bicycle.

jmort
05-07-2013, 01:30 AM
^ That is true. Like most conversations, there is a natural progression. As for the O/P - I did my best.

KinkBreaker
05-07-2013, 06:47 AM
I would not be loading ball slugs or even had considered it if the forum had not been the way it is
Also if you need assistance with a derailuer let me know

SuperBlazingSabots
05-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Greetings, let's not complicate it any more, just re-name it and give the shot shell loader's a newer forum.

We need to be proud of our achievements, if only you would go around and look what's happening in other forums, no one care to answer request's for help for months.

Best regards,
Ajay

jmort
05-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Ajay, sorry to say they don't "get it." May God Bless you and Hubel458 for all your hard work.
BTW, are you going to be marketing Hubel's hulls/sabots?

SuperBlazingSabots
06-20-2013, 08:24 AM
Greetings, it takes years of hard work and efforts to built something good, none of the forums even come close to what you all have achieved through joined efforts and sharing your knowledge with one another, our strength is in number's but when the real test came, very few lived up to be a true Musketeer's.

I know we the Elite Musketeer Slug Shooter's here are very few and not enough to fill both hand finger's to say we want a Elite Musketeer's Forum! ! !

Its an honor to have you " Papa Musketeer " and my big brother Ed. a team player!
I really am starting to feel like a Musketeer, they were down to earth good, caring people and were out to do good by other's, same as
Ed Hubel, James Gates, JmorTimer, CarryAColt, HatCreek, Bossharpa, OnHoPr, Dverna, Cpileri, HogTamer, Missionary & Turbo ! ! !

Its your love, care and friendship that has molded me into what I am, good or bad.

" One for all, and all for one "

Best regards,
Ajay
BlazingSabots@Gmail.com
Blazing Sabots, LLC
www.facebook.com/BlazingSabots?ref=hl
http://slugshooting.accountsupport.com/Forum4/index.php?sid=82429ee7a07f30cb3e5832553f2d0332
www.facebook.com/pages/Preci...75489969155338

Carryacolt
06-20-2013, 08:59 AM
Ajay,
Really good to see you still posting here. I'm with you about a dedicated forum(?) for slug n ball only. I love this forum and spend entirely too much time checking it to see if you ,Ed, Turbo, Jmortimer, and all the others have posted new info of their endevors with the slug and/or ball. When some posts asking about "a duck gun", or anything else except slug/ball, it irratates me as I think that "Casting for Shotgun" should be slug or ball only. BUT, it is "CASTING for shotgun" so shot (which is really "small balls") stop laughing - so shot IS part of this forum as there are many that make their own shot. I just don't load shot anymore at this time, and I look here for info I can use as it is the best and most active site at present. My thanks to those who monitor and manage this site for all you have done to make it as good as it is. This is a good example of why we (Americans) stand apart from the rest of the world. If there is a better or easier way to do it, we will find it.
Thanks to all that share their findings here with the rest of us "shooters".

cpileri
06-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Ajay,
Man you shouldnt have included me in that list: i dont contribute squat. I just learn from you guys and try stuff out. I'm kind of embarrassed, actually.

(I appreciate it though!)

I did load some roundball-in-wadcup loads with PB: light loads for an old Savage 311 with the "April 1915" date on it. One barrel has a choke but one is .730 and i am testing to see if it can handle a light slug load. Maybe it will shoot to POA at close range. Always had a fascination w double "bore" guns- but lacking the 50-100thousand dollars to buy one...
Still, I used your measured combo of a .678 round ball in a 12s4 wad(*)- see, there again, i didnt contribute anything; I used your generously contributed knowledge.
thanks!
C-

(*) for the .730 bbl only. The choked barrel only gets pellets, no slugs.

SuperBlazingSabots
06-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Wishes do come true.
http://slugshooting.accountsupport.com/Forum4/viewforum.php
Within hours they made it the way I wanted it to be.
My new home!

Best regards,
Ajay
BlazingSabots@Gmail.com
Blazing Sabots, LLC
www.facebook.com/BlazingSabots?ref=hl
www.facebook.com/pages/Preci...75489969155338

35remington
06-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Not to be a wet blanket but.......

Most of casting for shotguns isn't birdshot, it's buckshot, ball and slug, which is most of the posting content here. I post occasionally myself.

Given that the current content is exactly that of the desired forum, and given that separating it into subcategories would make several very slowly moving low traffic forums (the current material on this forum, despite being exactly what is desired, is not really making a lot of posting traffic) I can't see the benefit of a new forum and new categories.

We're already doing what is needed now. There is some posting traffic, but not a lot. And it is easy to keep up with if it is viewed every few days. Separating it further into subcategories would seem to me to be needless.

Just an opinion from a guy who posts here.

longbow
06-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Ajay:

I clicked the link to see what you have gotten over there but this is all I got "The forum you selected does not exist."

I joined the ASSA a long time ago but there didn't seem to be anything very interesting going on so I have hardly been there. If you are posting there regularly then I will check out your posts. They are always entertaining and informative. I will miss you here though.

Longbow

turbo1889
06-21-2013, 08:27 PM
I think he was linking to a thread in their support section where he asked for a section of the forum for his stuff and the thread itself got cleaned out after his request was completed (that is how it is done with a lot of forums for the support section).

Here is a link to the section they set-up for him that is neatly divided out into several logical sub-sections:

http://slugshooting.accountsupport.com/Forum4/viewforum.php?f=32

SuperBlazingSabots
06-21-2013, 09:52 PM
Here is the honest truth: When I first started posting on ASSA my very first post, most people were very good and then I found ShotGun World and started posting some shooters were very rude and would question every thing I posted and made me mad but I continued and those rude ones dissapeared and no one fights,
When I found this Cast Boolits forum I met some Great Shooters like Peter Nap, Pete and I miss them they were good, slowly but surely we all here have become a close nit family of Brotherly Musketeer's, this is your jewel crown, protect it and stand united for your rights and let no one come in your way!
You the Great Musketeer JmorTimer, CarryAColt & Big Brother Ed, Papa Musketeer stood by me, once or twice some tried to put me down but you simply shut them up!!
I love you guys to death, come join my Musketeer Group!!

Warmest regards,
Ajay

MBTcustom
06-21-2013, 11:00 PM
I didn't have a problem with you asking for a change to the forum (although I was a little bummed that you didn't come to me with it seeing as how we have worked on projects together) but the shameful way you are behaving has gotten my dander up!
Congratulations! If you were wanting to tick somebody off, then I'll be your huckleberry!

So you try to strongarm your way into getting your own personal forum here, in a place with 29,281 members. That doesn't work, so you go find a forum with 15 members to give you your own section, and threaten to leave; I assume to try to put pressure on us to not lose such a valuable member. (I actually think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.)

Well, OK, more power to ya. Seems like you were getting quite a bit of good exposure here to the other 29,280 members for free.

You refer to yourself as a true musketeer? Well, you have a musketeer sized ego I'll give you that.

I had quite a bit of respect for you and the work you are doing with shotguns, but I gotta say, if your knowledge comes with a price tag, then you most certainly do not belong here among real shooters who are in it for the love of the sport, and who expect no compensation for the privilege of reading about their work.

Honestly, I thought better of you Ajay.

This forum is not going to cater to you. Castboolits is not a democracy. Ken set it up, and he is the boss. This is his show, and we were all invited to participate as guests.

You want to jump in here and say how things are supposed to be run? Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out!

turbo1889
06-22-2013, 06:39 AM
Ouch, think I'll stay out of this one.

I like both Good Steel and Ajay but don't agree with either 100% of the time (I rarely agree with anyone 100% the time, Heck don't even agree with myself all the time). I hope it will be the kind of fight where after both have got their steam burned down a little will shake hands afterwards and acknowledge a little bit of wrong and right on both sides on certain points.

It takes a big man to pick the diamonds out of the rocks the other guy is throwing at him (the things that hurt but are true and need addressing). I hope both men will be big men and hopefully not too many big rocks will be thrown.

SuperBlazingSabots
06-22-2013, 09:10 AM
Wrong people jumping to wrong conclusion, please do not think I'm not greatful, I appreciate the friendship and brotherly feelings I get when I visit this forum unlike other forums where I have seen a lot of name calling.

I tried to point and paste a good picture of the goodness of shooter's here and we need to be united for we are just a few
Elite Musketeer member's here and what we stand for or else get chewed up!

The good family member's are the Crown Jewels of this forum.

A book without cover or chapter's, you get lost in between, I asked for a simple solution, name the chapter buttons that would make it easy to navigate!

People always fear changes for the better not knowing what lies ahead, once the changes take place then they join in the band wagon.
One for all, all for one!

Warmest regards,
Ajay

MBTcustom
06-22-2013, 09:35 AM
You know what else people do? They get the big head, and get hacked off when they don't get their way.
Your suggestion was considered and discussed amongst the cast boolits staff. The answer was NO.
I have had ideas to "better" the site too. Some were accepted and some were rejected. Never once did I consider extorting the site with my presents. Never.

You have shown your true stripes. You're not in it for anybody but yourself, and you thrive on the praise and adoration of the membership.
Since that's your "pay", the way I see it is you asked for a raise and got shot down, so now your going to "quit".

Go see if you can get as much but kissing elsewhere. If it were up to me, I'd ban you.

Hogtamer
06-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Gentlemen,
May I respectfully suggest that this subject be dropped and the thread deleted. This site is a high quality, valuable resource frequented by knowledgeable folks. Pouting, posturing and publicly aired personality conflicts diminish the experience greatly for everyone and would best be avoided altogether.
Thank you,
Hal Hogtamer Rowland

pmer
06-25-2013, 10:03 PM
I can see both sides of this fight. For some time now I've been considering to try .678 RB and have just picked some RBs up. My experience in shotgun loading ends at opening a box of shells. But I can see the fun in giving this a try.

There are 72 pages of threads in Casting for Shotguns and I just don't have the time to do that much searching and reading. I can see both sides are dug in but why not Sticky some of the better threads on these subjects and make the information easier to find. Stickies seem to work on other subjects here, what do ya'll think!