PDA

View Full Version : 5/4/13. Who's cooking what?

WILCO
05-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Burning some charcoal today. Putting down some chicken wings, italian sausage, pork chops and country style ribs. Also making up some cole-slaw, potatoe salad, corn on the cob, my famous "Rough & Tumble" greens and maybe some biscuits.

What are you folks making?

Trey45
05-04-2013, 11:57 AM
I used the BBQ for the first time today, I had bought it this past winter, assembled it and covered it, seasoned it some time after and finally got around to actually using it today.

Had a steak and taters.

Zim
05-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Weather is warming up. I started a pot of chicken and sausage gumbo and some homemade bread. Using the kitchenaid mixer for the bread, I wound up giving away my bread maker. Window open and watching the birds on the feeder.

Gorgeous day here!

My smoker is now beyond repair and will have to be replaced. Until then, stuck in the kitchen or an open fire.

runfiverun
05-04-2013, 07:19 PM
red potatoes, peas, shrimp, and deer steaks.

Pb2au
05-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Ribeye steaks over charcoal, broccoli, smashed potatoes, fresh biscuits, cold milk.

10 ga
05-04-2013, 11:48 PM
This week, lets see....
Mon. Baked, wild turkey and cornbread casserole with etc.....
Tues. Fresh clam chowder with my own spring onions.....
Wed. Fried Puppy Drum filets and fresh cole slaw
Thurs. Venison pot roast with fresh peas and last of the home grown potatoes
Fri. Fried soft crabs
Sat. Today youngest daughter was home and we had fresh steamed "blue" crabs, they are fat as cake dough right now and full of roe which I love to eat.

Sunday will be assorted leftovers of your choice...

10 ga

Rick N Bama
05-05-2013, 03:42 PM
For our Dinner Friday I smoked 3 racks of Baby Back Ribs served up with Tater Salad & Baked Beans. For yesterday the restaurant did our cooking:)

Rick

Love Life
05-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Asian chicken burgers. What can I say? My wife likes to experiment in the kitchen, and I am a human garbage disposal.

Sure were tasty with a little sirracha on them...

Artful
05-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Pork Stir fry tonight with spinach noodles

texassako
05-05-2013, 06:47 PM
I wanted ribs and don't like leaving a rack open in my little electric smoker. They are finishing up in the oven right now foil wrapped with homemade BBQ sauce, we like them wet. Picked a heap of fresh greens for a salad and turnips to be mashed and served with giblet gravy(from those chickens).

Sweetpea
05-05-2013, 06:56 PM
HMMM...

Even though I am whiter than a fishbelly, we use Cinco de Mayo as a good excuse for some Carne Asadas...

Made a trip to the local mexican market earlier, and gonna go fire up the grill in just a bit.

BTW, for any of you that like hispanic food, and have NOT tried the flour tortillas you cook yourself, you are SERIOUSLY missing out!

Brandon