PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hoo almost ready!!!

s1120
05-04-2013, 07:35 AM
I got my replacement scale pan in the mail yesterday, and a bullet knocker... so I am just about ready to start loading!!!!! Ive been researching, and studying up for a number of years now on reloading, and have been slowly getting things as time, and cash shows up. Working with my old TrulineJr press that I got from Dad, and for now loading 38/357. realy only two things missing... I need somethign for case cleaning.. but I do have a few hundred cleaned 357 brass, and about a hundred 38 cleaned.. So im good to go there... I have my decap/resize die in the oddball truline/310 size... and I have a bullet seater... still looking for a crimp die though... Im SOOOO close!!! I have a portable bench setup, that I just need to mount the press to when its time...

no real reason for this post... just looking foward to putting this all to work, and using all my reasearch, and time spent getting ready!! Just like a kid on Christmas eve. :D :D Thanks for all the help the board has given me!!

seagiant
05-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Hi,
Good deal! Something to think of.... If you gave me the most old run down reloading equipment that you could find at a garage sale. I could take it home and probably make some darn good reloads! This comes from experience and knowledge!

Of course if you gave me the the best Fender Stratacaster guitar, you wouldn't get much in return,but if you gave it to Pete Townsend?

s1120
05-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Hi,
Good deal! Something to think of.... If you gave me the most old run down reloading equipment that you could find at a garage sale. I could take it home and probably make some darn good reloads! This comes from experience and knowledge!

Of course if you gave me the the best Fender Stratacaster guitar, you wouldn't get much in return,but if you gave it to Pete Townsend?

LOL!! yup Im the same way!! I love working with old stuff. Same say its one of my flaws. :D

Also on the guitars... Im a struggling player, and whenever I think I need to get a better guitar, I ask myself if Clapton could get better sound out of my gear.

Wayne Smith
05-04-2013, 09:47 AM
With the 310 dies your seater die is also your crimp die. You only need another if you want to crimp in a separate die. You can adjust your die to seat only, seat all the boolits, then readjust it to crimp and crimp all of them. Only need one that way.

s1120
05-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Ahhhh I see. Yes see I was confused becouse I have one seating die that's just like a open chamber.. no surfice to crimp at all.... I thought they all were. Another one I got a wile ago is in fact a crimp die also.

Anyone know what the Lyman 310 stuff used for a expander?