PDA

View Full Version : moving target holder

NSP64
05-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Has anyone made a moving target holder out of an R/C car or truck?
I was thinking of making one and attaching a rod/dowel to it to hold ballons.
It would be fun to drive around near the 100 yrd berm and see if GF/ kids could shoot ballon.
Then drive back replace ballon and go again.
Not sure how well they work in grass though without spending big money.

7br
05-03-2013, 01:57 PM
You do realize how many of us have shot a chronograph don't you?

Johnch
05-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Errr OK
Just wait till one of the kids use the RC truck for a target

John

Sweetpea
05-03-2013, 02:28 PM
If you buy one cheap enough that you won't cry when it gets hammered, the signal won't reach to 100 yards anyways.

Brandon

Bad Water Bill
05-03-2013, 05:15 PM
If you buy one cheap enough that you won't cry when it gets hammered, the signal won't reach to 100 yards anyways.

Brandon

If the signal will not reach 100 yards how do they control R/C airplanes?

selmerfan
05-03-2013, 05:38 PM
They pay more money. This one was invented by my daughters' tae kwon do instructor and his daughter. http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7614626.html

Rick Hodges
05-03-2013, 06:12 PM
The planes are up in the sky with no interference from ground clutter. I fly planes and run truck/cars. Most my best truck is probably good to 75 yds. 100 is really pushing it. I ran it out of control once......got lucky and it curved back towards me and I saved it. Planes usually run a longer antenna too....they say the range on the planes (gas powered not compact electric) is a mile. I loose sight of them way before that.

crabo
05-04-2013, 11:45 PM
I was running down the highway and and saw a remote airplane pass me faily close overhead. It was being followed by a couple of guys in a pickup truck flying the plane. Pretty funny at the time.

Doughty
05-05-2013, 01:03 AM
We did this several years back. Got a cheap RC truck, removed the body and mounted a plate with a socket on it. Put about a 3 foot rod in that. We then put an empty upside down milk jug on that for the target. Ran it around and shot at it with pistols. After a short time it wasn't much of a challenge. Maybe if we had one that was more powerful and could go faster. We also had to keep it pretty close or we lost control. It was okay, but it's been setting on the shelf for several years now if that tells you anything.

P.S. If you just hit the jug it would keep going. If you hit the rod, it would tip over and go down. Central nervous system thing I guess.

Gar
05-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Here ya go, rc plane with Tannerite, works for shotguns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLLAKnVej9o

Or, if you have a lot of money, machineguns and rc planes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR5BtXP0s0o

NSP64
05-05-2013, 08:18 PM
I want something to hold a stick up with a ballon attached.

WILCO
05-06-2013, 01:50 PM
I want something to hold a stick up with a ballon attached.

Do just that. Pound a stick into the ground, staple some ballons on it and shoot them as they flap around. Kids with .22 rifles @ 50yds will be kept busy enough.

NewbieDave007
05-06-2013, 04:27 PM
How about a stick with a balloon attached by a string and let the wind move it around. Or if there isn't enough wind then try Helium filled ones from the dollar store. Just some ideas.