PDA

View Full Version : Leather Work

Steven
05-03-2013, 02:11 AM
Anyone want to share their custom leather work?

xs11jack
05-03-2013, 08:35 PM
That is really great!!! And I like the grip too. How about a gun out of the leather picture of both.
I wish I had that kind of talent, you are most furtunate.
Jack

ncbearman
05-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Very nice. you are talented at your craft. What kind of grip is that? That may look good on my 1911.

Steven
05-05-2013, 02:16 PM
They're made by Atamont in Illinois. If you order some pay extra close attention to mention to them if your firearm is ambidextrous so they can cut the grips to fit around the safety "arm" that moves up and down. And I also recommend you take your current grips off and check to see if the bolt "shaft" (the metal that sticks up that your grip bolts screw into) are a straight shaft or like my SF 1911 bore out a little bit at the base. When I first ordered mine I didn't think twice when ordering it for a 1911 Colt style gun. I was confused when the grips didn't touch flat against the frame and like an idiot I tightened the bolts more.... CRACK!!! ...right down the middle. They were nice and replaced it, but the second set wasn't cut to fit an ambidextrous gun... So I had to cut the grooves myself.

http://www.altamontco.com/experimental/products/pistol/1911/#1911_fgrooves.php