PDA

View Full Version : Need help with jamming problem

USMC87
05-02-2013, 10:22 PM
My frien has a taurus 738 380 auto, When he shoots it it will not throw out the casing but half way out. This happens with my reloads but my keltec just keeps on firing and feeding them. I hope somebody has some sort of clue as to what's going on because I sure don't. Thanks in advance for the help.

wv109323
05-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Is the slide harder to work on the Taurus compared to your Keltec? If so the loads may be too light for the Taurus.
The next thing would be the extractor or ejector. Can you manually feed and extract a round by hand?

USMC87
05-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Yes, you can load the magazine and work them fine with your hand. It did'nt cross my mind about the loads not being hot enough.

Baron von Trollwhack
05-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Sometimes it can be as simple as copper plated cases being scarred more deeply by the feed ramp when feeding vice brass cases. Go slow and observe closely. Get your glass out and examine cases, check fired dimensions, etc. Look at the extractor hook or related.

BvT

John 242
05-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Does it work with factory ammo?

Tokarev
05-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Are the cases more smoked from Taurus than from Keltec?

mace2364
05-13-2013, 02:00 PM
As most here have been getting around too, I would try some other ammo before you do anything else. I'm betting that's your issue. If it were me, I would try some factory loads. When you find one it likes, you can come up with data to suit it. But more importantly, if you can't find any it likes then you know something is wrong, and can send it for warranty work(assuming it's still under warranty).

jsheyn
05-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Buddy had a taurus 380 pocket gun that would jam up every other round or so. Cleaned the snot out of it and worked the ejecter with a small screwdriver for about 100 times. realiable little pistol now....still not fun to shoot though :-D

In my friends case it was not an ammo issue..

gunoil
05-19-2013, 12:16 PM
i have one (when new shot for 3 or 4 days 100%) with same prob, shot store ammo,, same thing, tried different mag (that one runs)from the indoor rental, same again. Wish i could buy the rental. IT AINT AMMO. KEEP MINE SUPER CLEAN. First few days when it was running, i shot off handed and tried limp wrist with no failures. Then the big extrac prob! As of rite now today the tcp738 forum page is eat-up with this issue. Have shot reloads too.

Taurus will not even give u a take down pin if you pay for it and shipping. You send gun back and many still do not work. The taurus does not mess up brass as bad as keltec 380. Really wierd! A really great looking extractor. Dang thing will drive a nail.

My reloads and PMC run flawless in my micro desert eagle.

USMC87
05-20-2013, 09:19 AM
We loaded some different loads in the taurus this weekend, The ammo is the culprit here. We have to load a little hotter to run the taurus than the keltec, Atleast for now we don't need to zsend it back to the factory.