PDA

View Full Version : M&A Parts - Anyone Done Business With?

Ed in North Texas
05-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Thought I'd ask if anyone had any experience doing business with these folks. Specifically, I might be looking at a complete AR upper (when the buying frenzy is over) and they are one supplier. Any comments welcome.

TenTea
05-02-2013, 12:51 PM
They get guff for being gruff at their gunshow tables and possibly for their choice of base of operations in Illinois, but...

I have placed several AR parts & pieces orders with them in years past without trouble of any kind.
I can't speak to their situation at this moment in time due to current situational madness.

In *normal times* there are a ton of places selling complete uppers in any configuration under the sun...

RugerFan
05-02-2013, 01:30 PM
I've bought parts from them in the past without issue.

Moonie
05-02-2013, 10:04 PM
we got a kit to build our first one from them, included everything except the stripped lower. It works and shoots well.

Jupiter7
05-02-2013, 10:31 PM
The best deals going on uppers of known quality

Www.palmettostatearmory.com

Keep an eye on them daily. Sign up for e-mail alerts and be ready to buy.

Coonazz
05-03-2013, 12:45 AM
Bought the A-3, 24", HB, 1-8 upper for my brother a few years ago for his birthday. Had no problems and the rifle shoots under MOA.

05-03-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm right next door to them in Iowa. I've bought from them and Model 1. I prefer Model 1, I had one from M&A that the front sight had the post drilled off center. And another with the dust cover messed up.

rmatchell
05-03-2013, 10:29 AM
I have bought from there online site and in person at a gun show. No problems or issues at all.

Ed in North Texas
05-03-2013, 11:21 AM
The best deals going on uppers of known quality

Www.palmettostatearmory.com

Keep an eye on them daily. Sign up for e-mail alerts and be ready to buy.

Thanks, but their caliber offerings are too limited. I already have two out of their 3 and am not interested in the 3d right now.

Ed in North Texas
05-03-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm right next door to them in Iowa. I've bought from them and Model 1. I prefer Model 1, I had one from M&A that the front sight had the post drilled off center. And another with the dust cover messed up.

Did they "make it good", blow you off, or did you pass on trying to get them to fix it?

CATTLEMAN
05-07-2013, 06:14 AM
I have purchased small parts from them face to face at shows and it worked out well.

Atonic
05-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Almost 2 years ago I bought an upper from them at a gun show. Wanted a 24" but they ran out while I was lower shopping. Settled for the 20".

One month later was at a different show. Guy at the booth knew of my plight from the previous month, offered to swap my upper out if I hadn't fired it. So I ended up with a 24" after all. Happy customer.

They must not be getting inventory to keep up these days. This weekend they weren't at the Dayton show. First time in 2 years.

Ed in North Texas
05-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Thanks to all who replied. The experience of other people is always helpful. Any purchase is some time away.