PDA

View Full Version : Now THOSE are cartoons!

x101airborne
05-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I am a 35 year old kid, I admit it.
My 2 year old wanted to watch the Spongebob Squarepants marathon yesterday and I let him while I was cleaning the house. Well, after about 2 hours of that annoying giggle, wether the house was clean or not, it was time to go outside. So he wakes up this morning and says he wants to watch Spongebob and Thank God, it wasn't on. So I turn on the Bugs Bunny Roadrunner Show and the first one on is ole 'Semite Sam shootin at Bugs. Double Six's a blazin and runnin around.... What fun! The next one was the Roadrunner and Wylie Coyote and cannons, and catapoults, and bombs..... Now that is Entertainment! Elmer Fudd is chasing Bugs right now and Dillon is in my chair going "Daddy, Daddy! Its a rabbit! Shoot it, Im hungry!" Sorry, kiddo, cereal is gonna have to do.

JeffinNZ
05-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Boy, I say, boy! I believe you forgot Foghorn Leghorn.

Alan in Vermont
05-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Gotta love the fake Latin names they hung on poor ol Wiley. Eatibus Anythingus, etc.

There are some sick SOBs dreaming those 'toons up. My kinda folks.

Jailer
05-01-2013, 07:43 PM
I kinda like sponge bob. :oops:

L1A1Rocker
05-01-2013, 08:04 PM
I've read that Speedy Gonzales is no longer aired AT ALL do to political correctness.

x101airborne
05-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Ya know, I didn't see ol Speedy! So maybe.
I like Spongebob in small doses. But I could watch those ol Toons all day long.

popper
05-01-2013, 10:24 PM
They ever see Tom & Jerry? Got a DVD of the Lone Ranger the GKs like to watch. Quality stuff.

btroj
05-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Nobody beats Bugs Bunny. He had a certain arrogance and attitude that must cant be beat.

Failure to understand that makes you a maroon.

Katya Mullethov
05-01-2013, 10:50 PM
I've read that Speedy Gonzales is no longer aired AT ALL do to political correctness.

I used to get up at 6am to watch Soo-pear ... RATON ! (Mighty Mouse) in Spanish .

Yosemite Sam levitating himself with the recoil from a brace of pistols was in my young mind's eye , a watermark in cinema photography , even if it was animated . But over time , they fagged out as well .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J4L36cFxoI

x101airborne
05-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Yeah, it is a shame they have gone the way of the dodo.
The old cartoons had shooting, smoking, explosions, killing, hunting, fishing, camping, etc.... Now, it is all PC stuff and cant do this and that..... Just dang disappointing.
Daffy Duck all liquored up and hiccuping is just funny, not making me want a drink.

Mk42gunner
05-01-2013, 11:41 PM
And who can forget Elmer Fudd with Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck arguing about duck season or rabbit season; usually ended with Daffy getting his bill blown completely around his head.

Robert

Katya Mullethov
05-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Yeah, it is a shame they have gone the way of the dodo.
The old cartoons had shooting, smoking, explosions, killing, hunting, fishing, camping, etc.... Now, it is all PC stuff and cant do this and that..... Just dang disappointing.

Ya just gotta expand yer horizons a little . Now you got South Park picking up the slack , and the more they push PC , the harder they push back . Exactly as we did , and do . And considering we are now in the throws of a full on attack by cultural marxism , the current fare seems kinda tame by comparison to what they are foisting on us .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojsR2blqdXs

x101airborne
05-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Yeah, I have seen it, but am not to the point of being a South Park fan as of yet.

dakotashooter2
05-02-2013, 02:03 AM
At least in the old cartoons you can identify what the character is. On some of the new cartoons you can't tell if they are plant, animal or other.. I'm supprised more kids don't have nightmares....

starmac
05-02-2013, 02:04 AM
Isn't southpark a cartoon for adults, I haven't watched it, but that is the impression I got.

I'm not sure when adult cartoons got enough viewers to make it worth it for the air time.

btroj
05-02-2013, 07:00 AM
South Park is a very adult cartoon. It also tends to have episodes with a very distinct message.

It certainly isn't for the faint of heart as the language can be salty and nothing is off limits. Nothing.

L Ross
05-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Don't forget Warner Bros. use of classical music in many of the Bug's Bunny cartoons. One of my favorites was Elmer in opera with "Sword and magic helmet." I'm sure his speech impediment isn't PC today.

Duke

KCSO
05-02-2013, 09:47 AM
My buddy is good at voices and we were out a few winters ago hunting bunnys. We were dressed like always in our buckskins and capotes with blanket wool mittens and carrying our trade guns, just a regular hunt right! As we came to the end of the sheler belt and got ready to come out on the road here stops a car and out hop two hunters in new camo with brand new mossbergs, They look down at us and one guy says, "Boy how long have you guys been ot here"? My buddy look him right in the eye and says, "Shhh! Be Vewy, Vewy quiet, Wabbit twacks, he he he he". About that time a rabbit pops out and I spin and pop him off in a cloud of smoke and as the rabbit rolls I start jumping up and down, " I got him, I got him Ollie". Not another word was said as the two camo clad nimrods cimbed back into their car and drove off quickly.

Too many cartoons when i was young., warps the mind I think.

Jim Flinchbaugh
05-02-2013, 11:44 AM
In January, I was house sitting for a friends mom, and his 7 year old little girl got to spend a few days.
I introduced her to Tom & Jerry, she laughed more than ever. The one night, I got her to watch old black and white Laural and Hardy shows.
She loved it! How many kids miss this stuff becasue parents don't make them available?
I like South Park for the diversion from reality and what I really like, if you are famous and you screw up, you will be featured on the next episode :)

Kull
05-02-2013, 11:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeRMOOg9ztw

timbuck
05-02-2013, 12:17 PM
You want warped, nobody mentioned Rocky and Bullwinkle. Boris and Natasha too.

km101
05-02-2013, 01:00 PM
I have more than 20 hours of Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes, etc. recorded for the grandkids. They seem to like them more than the current crop of talking cars, monsters, robots, talking sponges, and so forth. That's OK with me. I can stay in the room if they are watching the old cartoons, but I cant handle the new stuff. Just not my style I guess.

Smitty's Retired
05-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Well, you knew PC was creeping in when they quit showing "The Tijuana Toads", and then all the new cartons like "Scrappy Doo and Scooby Too" Started fighting Evil Corporations that were polluting swamps and creating monsters to keep people from finding out they were dumping sludge.

bbs70
05-03-2013, 08:02 PM
I am a fan of the old cartoons.
Haven't watched south park and from what I've been told about it I doubt if I ever will.
Whatever happened to the idea of watching for the sheer entertainment of the cartoon.
Why does it have to have a "Life Meaning" or a "Message" to the viewer.
Why do cartoon characters need to swear to make the viewer happy?
I hear enough cussing at work, other tv programs and from kids at Wal-Mart, I DON"T need it in a cartoon.

If memory serves me correctly movies and cartoons use to be made for entertainment value and to get people's minds a break from the war, great depression, etc.

encoreman
05-03-2013, 09:37 PM
++1 These new cartoons shall I say pull a vacuum!! I happened to get to introduce the 3 stooges to my 2 oldest grandkids and I don't think I have ever heard them laugh so much. Too much of square bob and these other so call cartoons will turn your brain into silly putty!! Worthless!!

JWFilips
05-03-2013, 09:44 PM

Wow, I guess Bosco is Really Not PC!
http://youtu.be/lAkg-qd1Bhk

Orhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAkwQ6pO_No&feature=share&list=PL9A0050F9206EE241

Talk about weird: Do any of you go back to the "Screwball Army" ( Anti-Nazi cartoon!) Great stuff...where else could a kid learn about Straus's Music ( You just had to live in that Era to understand & appreciate real art)

http://www.awn.com/heaven_and_hell/PAL/GP7.htm

Thumbcocker
05-04-2013, 06:30 PM
IMHO Bugs Bunny encapsulates much that is good in the American character. He is laid back with a live and let live attitude a bit of a smart $$$ generous and helpful....until he is pushed too far. "Of course you know this means war." I miss the undiluted toons.