PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Model 120

Ivantherussian03
09-08-2007, 01:08 AM
My buddy has a Winchester Model 120 that is not ejecting shells. What could be the problem?

357maximum
09-08-2007, 01:27 AM
Not intimate with that model but I would look at the extractor first and the ejector second.

Char-Gar
09-08-2007, 08:01 AM
If the shell are not being removed from the chamber, the problem is most likely the extractor. Grit and powder trash can accumulate and prevent the extractor from geting a proper grip on the case rim.

If the shell are removed from the chamber, but not being ejected properly, the problem is most likely the ejector.

A good cleaning and relubing often solves these problems. Take it down and scrub all of the parts and the inside of the receiver with a good solvent on a toothbrush.

Scrounger
09-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Not intimate with that model but I would look at the extractor first and the ejector second.

That's the "cheap" version of the Winchester 1200; you know, the wood isn't as glossy and the blue is duller because the metal isn't polished as much.

9.3X62AL
09-08-2007, 07:37 PM
The 1200 action uses a form of leaf spring as an ejector. This leaf spring is "loaded" by the bolt's backward passage during extraction, then jumps upon bolt passage clearance to kick the shell out of the ejection port.

Two things to look for--this leaf spring's tail fits into a coil spring at the end of the ejector relief gallery--and this tail MUST be fit into this spring--and the coil spring is prone to falling out.

Slow cycling of the action isn't a good idea with any slide action shotgun. Work the slide with some vigor--you won't hurt it.