PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Magazine for CZ24 pistol

mazo kid
04-29-2013, 04:44 PM
I'll be getting a CZ 24 pistol soon; problem is it doesn't have a magazine. Would anyone here happen to have an extra to sell? So far I have only found Triple K repro magazines. Does anyone else make one? How about reliability? I have heard that some mag makes don't work well in some pistols. TIA!

rintinglen
04-29-2013, 10:38 PM
I got one from e-gunparts as a spare a few years back. I do not know the maker, but it works as well as the original. The gun itself is another matter. Fail to extract, fail to eject, stove pipe. It is a rare event for a whole magazine to fire w/o a jam. IMO, the ejection port is too small, so that everything has to line up just so, or the spent casing stays in the gun, one way or the other. Hope yours is better.

mazo kid
05-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks, I'll give 'em a try. These guns are pretty old, last made in 1938 IIRC, so might need a new extractor?

baker1425
05-01-2013, 11:46 AM
I would definitely re-spring it. The extractors were pretty softly sprung in the CZ27s, and I've installed several of the wolff respring packs.

I had good luck with single stack triple K mags, and have purchased for Radoms, Walther, and Ruby. I've not done double stacks with them.

I'm attaching the wolff springs link for their type I spring pack. I had one of the CZ24s with the longer barrel, back in the 1980s when few cared. It worked with most 380 ball, but preferred hotter handloads (roundnose cast) when I shot it. I think you'll like it, did it come with an original holster? If so, those holsters are often as collectible as the gun.

http://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto%20Pistols/CZ/1924/cID1/mID16/dID85

mazo kid
05-01-2013, 09:09 PM
I just ordered a Triple K mag so will see how it functions. The gun I got (today!) seems to be in good mechanical shape, but the finish is worn. I can't complain as I got it at a reduced price, will have less than $200 in it including the new magazine ($49.00). Thanks for the link to the springs; I'll wait to see how everything functions before ordering. I wish I could get one of the CZ 24s with the holster and 2 mags, but they are getting collectable now and pricey!