PDA

View Full Version : Jack First Gunshop question

greenmntranger
04-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Does anyone have their 3 volume Parts Catalog, and if so, is it worth the 40.00 dollars asking price?

square butte
04-29-2013, 03:14 PM
I don't have the catalog - but have ordered from them in the last month. Parts were a bit on the high side - But very fast shipping -excellent customer service.

greenmntranger
04-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Looking for parts for a ROA that neither Ruger nor Numrich, nor anyone else has. Jack First says they are planning to make a run of the part I need in the next month or so. If the make obsolete/out of production parts inhouse, the parts might be worth the $$$.

If their catalog has more schematic drawings than Numrich it might be worth it...not sure though, that's why I am hoping to hear from others

elginrunner
04-29-2013, 06:03 PM
I have an older two volume catalogs. If you don't have a numerich catalog I would say yes it is. Lots of info in all those exploded views....

Wayne Smith
04-29-2013, 06:36 PM
Don't know about the catalog, but I do know that they are a complete machine shop making obsolete gun parts. If they say they are making them you can trust this.

Blacksmith
04-29-2013, 11:20 PM
Looking for parts for a ROA that neither Ruger nor Numrich, nor anyone else has. Jack First says they are planning to make a run of the part I need in the next month or so. If the make obsolete/out of production parts inhouse, the parts might be worth the $$$.

If their catalog has more schematic drawings than Numrich it might be worth it...not sure though, that's why I am hoping to hear from others

Which Part are they planning to make?

greenmntranger
04-30-2013, 06:38 AM
Which Part are they planning to make?

They are going to make the Base Pin Retaining Pin Assembly. Problem is, they are running about 2 months out with only three machinists trying to manf. all the obsolete/discontinued parts they stock

Blacksmith
04-30-2013, 04:09 PM
I will probably order one as a spare when they get them made. Love my ROA's!

greenmntranger
04-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Looking for one now cause I was cleaning mine this weekend and the detent (ball) fell out and dispersed on the kitchen floor