PDA

View Full Version : Found the magazine I was looking for

Jack Stanley
04-28-2013, 04:16 PM
I was looking for a magazine for my Savage Axis rifle some time back . Things around the house got me to busy to chase one down online and it almost slipped from my mind I wanted an extra .

When things slowed down I decided to take a little road trip from the land of falling waters and drive the highway a bit . The destination was a supply depot just twelve miles north of Grogans War Surplus . At the depot I got what I needed for some loads I wanted to make , Would have spent more but you know how short some things can be . Besides , I'd rather spend money there than the next stop of the trip .

I never have spent a lot of money at the next stop but I find it nearly impossible to not stop there if I'm on US131 . It seems the truck has a mind of it's own so to speak . About the biggest purchase was some scrap linotype they had there once upon a time , I figured I'd better get it 'cause I knew the guys from the cereal city would snap it up just to keep it out of the hands of the guys from trois rivoir ( apologies to the French :veryconfu) .

Any way I wandered in the door and hadn't gone far when I happened to look on the wall where all the spare magazines were kept . And there , in all it's glory was a factory packaged Savage Axis magazine . Regardless if the package looked as though it had gone down with the USS Arizona , that mag. inside looked to be still usable . So I took a chance and got it for thirty-nine bucks and tax , I figure the story about how the packaging got that way was worth the extra few bucks . Plus I felt better about supporting the somewhat local economy .

Now if Savage , or the guy on the other forum would start marketing a ten round magazine for this neat little rifle ......................[smilie=s:

Jack