PDA

View Full Version : OK just shoot me!

Newtire
09-06-2007, 09:52 PM
I tried something seemingly weird but the results were great. I have this H & R brand .32 mag and haven't done too well with it up until today. I mounted a Red Dot scope on it and at 25 yds. this is what it does. I know I know, only one mount. My eyes don't do well with open pistol sights anymore. I really like that little pistol now.

454PB
09-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Yeah, it looks kind of weird....but whatever works!

I wouldn't want to try that on a .44 magnum though!

Dale53
09-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Being a certified "Old Fart", I have gone almost exclusively with Red Dot and scope sights.

I have four Red Dots in use and a like number of scopes. The Red Dots add much less weight and bulk to the revolvers and I prefer them at this time.

Using them, I have returned my skill level to that of several years ago before I had failing sight.

Even with a glaucoma ravaged right eye, I can still shoot 100X100 on the 25 yard timed fire target at twenty five yards (using a S&W 16-4 .32 Magnum and a S&W 625-8 JM special .45 ACP that I have been shooting recently). Yesterday, for instance, I shot ten targets. I had a 100 on three of them (with the .45 ACP) with the worst being 96/100. I'm back in the game (so to speak:mrgreen:). That is very satisfying.

Good luck with your Red Dot on the H&R. I am a real fan of the .32's. I have a 16-4, a 631, and a Ruger SP101 in that caliber). More fun than a basket of snakes!:drinks:

Dale53