PDA

View Full Version : Usps

MT Gianni
09-06-2007, 08:08 PM
I bought a mold and some checks from HCL and we were pm'ing back and forth as my check arrived a week before his package. The package had been re-wrapped by USPS and a note included that they were sorry for the apparent damage insuing from shipping. They went on to explain that the problem usually lies with the shippers failure to properly package items. On opening it I found tha the original packaging was great, no damage or tampering had happened at all. The problem was that the gas checks rattled sounding like something broken and so they held it up to rewrap and check it out. Funny but it cost some time. HCL is a great guy to deal with and this post should be to laugh at the USPS and perhaps put cotton in a box of checks not in any way infer that he did anything less than perfect. Gianni.

targetshootr
09-06-2007, 08:25 PM
To me, shippers are almost as scary as the ATF. Glad it went well.

Blammer
09-06-2007, 09:54 PM
lol thats funny!

454PB
09-06-2007, 10:15 PM
I've had the same thing happen when I was shipping something via USPS. If it rattles at all, they always ask if it's OK. I now package things so there is no rattle.

By the way, those plastic shopping bags from Wal*Mart work great as light padding/packing material. We always seem to have a big supply of them in the closet.

floodgate
09-06-2007, 11:31 PM
When I package up something like that, and hear a rattle if I shake it, before taking it to the Post Office, I just write "RATTLE O. K." (with the same marker pen I use for the address, so they know I know it) to the left of the address block. Similarly, when I send two or more packages to the same address at the same time, I mark them "1 OF 3", "2 0F 3", etc., etc. All this seems to make life easier (art least no-one has complained yet).

floodgate

VTDW
09-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Great tip there floodgate.

Dale53
09-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Floodgate;
"Rattle OK" is exactly the thing to do. I have a great Postal Branch locally and if I forget to mark it they ask me and immediately mark "Rattle OK".

Mostly, I make an effort so that there are NO rattles but that is not always possible or practical (you wouldn't want to open a new box of checks for instance or other items that need to look "untampered with").

Dale53