PDA

View Full Version : Concealed carry T shirt

NSP64
04-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Anyone using one?
I saw some pockets/holsters you can sew to your own shirts?

jcwit
04-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Would have to be an awful light carrying piece. I can just see my tee shirt hold my Kimber 45.

TXGunNut
04-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Doesn't sound like something I'd use. Waistband or pocket carry works best for me. Seem a recall losing a shirt in a knockdown drag-out fight once, would hate to lose my gun with it. Most t-shirts don't even cover a sidearm well, doubt they'll support one.

NSP64
04-27-2013, 07:54 AM
The pocket/patch holster could be sewn onto any shirt.

MtGun44
04-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Same question for me. Super light piece like a P3AT may work, but think access, too.

Most CCW folks have a box of holsters that seemed like a great idea at the time. . . . . .

I think there is a great tendency to get a bit "too creative" and that pocket holsters
for really small and light guns like the P3AT and clones followed by IWB or OWB
holsters where the weight rests primarily on a relatively stiff and stout belt seem to
be what most wind up with. There are a lot of variations on those themes, and personal
style of dress, weather conditions, build and many other variables keep it really
hard for one person's favorite to work for everyone.

For me - a good pocket holster WITH ATTACHED SQUARE BACKER to break up the
outline and keep it oriented works for small guns, and Milt Sparks VersaMax2 or
my current favorite, the VM2 variant called the Watch Six in horsehide (THIN!!!)
are what is working for bigger guns like 1911 Commander.

The T-shirt may work for you, but I don't think it would work well for me.

Good luck, start on your "box 'o holsters" that didn't quite work out, something
will not wind up in the box.

Bill

NSP64
04-27-2013, 11:31 AM
LOL
I already have a box.
It has holsters for all kinds of guns and for all kinds of weather.

LUBEDUDE
04-27-2013, 04:05 PM
About 13-15 years ago, Kramer holsters came out with the T- Shirt holsters. Being Kramer, i.e. quality, I bought a few. Bad idea. Waaaay too wimpy and saggy. Besides you had to do some touch up sewing. I don't sew.

Now I have looked at the current crop of 5.11 Tactical. They look pretty beefy and doable for SMALL guns.

xs11jack
04-27-2013, 08:22 PM
LubeDude hit on the secret, you have to have a shirt of some pretty thick material or maybe a lot of starch or sizing in it. I used to see an ad in a magazine, either shooting times or guns and ammo, for just such a shirt, they had both male and female cut shirts. Ads are gone now.
Jack