PDA

View Full Version : hp mould,looking to buy,tips or advice needed

jasent
04-26-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm a newbie looking for a hp mould for my 44. Would prefer pb. would like a "Keith style" nose but hp'ed like a converted 240gn swc. I havent found any available yet. Double or single cavity. All my moulds are Lyman"lucked out with good ones" Thanks in advance.

MtGun44
04-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Either get a Cramer type HP mold from one of the custom makers, my experience
with MP molds is that they are superb quality and easy to cast with. Or have Erik at
Hollowpoint Services will convert Lyman or RCBS molds to Cramer or his own style
similar to Cramer HP for a reasonable price with superb workmanship.

RCBS 44-250-K (Keith 250 SWC) is a really fine quality mold and having one converted
by Erik would be a great choice. If you can find an MP clone of the H&G 503 design
(Keith 250 SWC) it would be also superb. Miha (MP Molds) makes batches of group buy
molds so does not always have a particular design available.

Bill

cf5757
04-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Check with NOE molds. They may have what you are looking for. I recently picked up a 45 ACP hollow point mold. Works great and like MiHec at MP molds NOE offers great products.

Bigslug
04-27-2013, 03:52 AM
I just bought NOE's RG 4-cavity version of the Keith 429421 with HP and solid point pins. Haven't had time to cast with it yet, but if it's as good as my .38 Webley mold, I'll be a happy camper. Not sure when Swede plans to do another run - this batch didn't last long.

jasent
04-28-2013, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the reply's. I think I found one from hollow point services that I like. thanks again for the advice