PDA

View Full Version : Passing it on

ASM826
04-26-2013, 02:56 PM
My son recently bought a 8mm Mauser. Rifle's in good shape, we've shot it a couple of times with surplus ammo. Current availability for ammo is low, current cost is high. He knows I reload, I had tried to interest him a few times, with little success. In the last two weeks he just suddenly developed a serious interest in reloading for this Mauser.

He pulled about 80 bullets off old corrosive mil-surp ammo with my collet puller and we loaded them on boxer primed brass in sets of 10 in 1/2 gr. increments to shoot this weekend. Then he showed up last night and wanted to cast! We made about 100. The sizing die is on the way. All the while asking questions, reading this forum, starting the long slow process of learning about lead bullets, sizing, loads, pressure, safety, accuracy, and so on.

I started with my grandfather learning about shotgun shells on a MEC, now here I am passing it on. Just wanted to share with all of you who will understand and thank those of you that keep this forum running, it's a great place to find answers to things that otherwise would remain a mystery.

nicholst55
04-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Great story! I think you've added another reloader to our ranks! Neither of my sons had much interest in shooting or reloading until they became adults; now they can't get enough.

MtGun44
04-27-2013, 06:09 PM
It's a good thing.

Bill

Epd230
04-28-2013, 12:23 PM
I just spent the night last night with my 10 year old daughter putting together her first gun. Had a great time and she got to laugh about the number of times the parts went in, then out, then in again until it was right. The time spent was precious and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Btw, can anyone verify that an AR with orange furniture looks okay? (at least she doesn't like pink):-)