PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm an addict

SeabeeMan
04-24-2013, 08:28 PM
4 new molds in one week...we might have a problem here. 2 Lee REAL 50 molds, JT's 00 12cav buck shot mold, and an NOE 135gr RG4 mold. I'm gonna have to buy some pure lead from rotometals for the REALs, but I think I'm in for some serious casting sessions in the near future. And I haven't even pulled the trigger on my first group buy yet.

Dannmann801
04-24-2013, 11:12 PM
You're lucky you've been able to lay hands on molds you want - I've been looking to purchase online and finding pickin's to be slim....

And yeah, I can see how it could become an addiction....:veryconfu :-)

9w1911
04-24-2013, 11:48 PM
nope, you are fine, if I had the money I would buy more stuff every day , primers, powders, lead, and new guns needing new reloading stuff and thus more molds!!

wool1
05-24-2013, 12:40 AM
I was considering getting therapy for Group Buy purchases......but then I said to myself, WHY!

starmac
05-24-2013, 03:18 AM
So far mine is not molds, but sometimes guns themselves. I have a hard time turning down a deal if it is a ftf deal. lol 6 so far this month, and all but 2 is calibers I already had covered. lol

DLCTEX
05-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Don't worry, it will get worse.

zidave
05-24-2013, 08:05 PM
I am definitely addicted. Find myself going to the range at least once a week just to mine the berm. Usually have it all melted down by the end of the day.

HighHook
05-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Your in the wrong forum to get sympathy on mold buying here. We all have the same addictions here...

TXGunNut
05-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Lucky for you there's a 12 step program offered as a service to Cast Boolit addicts.

Step One. Admit you're helpless....and stop by one more tire store to hopefully score some WW's
Step Two. Accept that sometimes Zn and Fe WW's sometimes find their way into the WW bucket.
Step Three. Rejoice when you find the Pb stickons. Blessed are the pure, for they make the best RB's.
Step Four. Good things come to those who wait...and the waiting time can be less when you promote the Group Buy!
Step Five. Understand that a day spent smelting is even better than the garage cleanup you promised SWMBO. After all, ingots take up less space than WW's and scrap.
Step Six. Don't tempt the Tinsel Fairy. She's one mean bitch.
Step Seven. Cast those unemployed WW's into a smoky lake of fire and witness their rebirth as shiny ingots of an alloy that will see a much more noble use.
Step Eight. Cherish your moulds. If you treat them like the beautiful precision instruments they truly are they will give you many years of beautiful precision boolits.
Step Nine. Find your moulds' happy place. Like us, they are all individuals. They have a preferred alloy, pour temp, mould temp and cadence. Never make your moulds angry.
Step Ten. Seek the fellowship of like-minded individuals. They will keep you on the path of awesome boolits and may keep you from doing dumb stuff.
Step Eleven. Once you have pretty boolits, show them the respect they deserve and load them with your best handloading efforts.
Step Twelve. Repeat as necessary, more often if possible.

You weren't looking for a way out, were you?

wool1
05-24-2013, 10:20 PM
Is it a bad sign when a thread like this one convinces you to get in on another group buy? Lol, because it just happened to me. The problem if we all went to therapy together, we would probably have enough people show up for the therapy session we could START a new group buy on a mold. Kind of counter productive to recovery.

TXGunNut
05-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Recovery? Isn't that when you put sprues and ugly boolits back in the pot?

Gliden07
05-24-2013, 11:07 PM
+1000!!!!! I love this stuff!! If I had the money I would buy more GUNS and more CALIBERS and then I would need more casting and loading stuff!! Surely a vicious circle!! LOL!!!!

nope, you are fine, if I had the money I would buy more stuff every day , primers, powders, lead, and new guns needing new reloading stuff and thus more molds!!