PDA

View Full Version : Dawn service - ANZAC Day.

JeffinNZ
04-24-2013, 04:33 PM
25th of April. Special day for NZ and AU. Kiera and I went to the dawn service to pay our respects. Huge turn out per usual and good to see. Any mention of Gallipoli stills turns on the emotions for me.

Also my 10th wedding anniversary today. She's a tolerant girl alright.

onceabull
04-24-2013, 05:12 PM
All honor to our partners on their day.. I intended to post something tomorrow Am,but forgot that you folks get an early start...The Mrs Anzac biscuits came out of the oven about 12 N MDT ,so we are prepared. These last few times she has had the genuine Lyle's Golden Syrup on hand... Onceabull

scottiemom
04-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Happy Anniversary Jeff to you and your lovely wife!

DLCTEX
04-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Happy anniversary from my house to yours.

hardy
04-24-2013, 09:29 PM
My Respects to you and yours on a very special day.My Grandad served in the Hampshire Regiment at Gallipoli I am proud to say.
Cheers,Mike

twotrees
04-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Jeff and all the ANZAC countries. I hope the day is bright and clear, for you all to see the heads and shoulders of those that "gave their all".

Have a great day.

TwoTrees

waksupi
04-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Happy anniversary, and Anzac Day. I hope to see a couple friends from Australia at a shoot this weekend, and D.A.Wallace threatened to call me from Queensland this week. It must be Down Under time! I will have to locate an interpreter.

NVcurmudgeon
04-25-2013, 12:09 AM
Jeff, a memorable Anzac Day to your country and a Happy Anniversary to you and your family. May the grand alliance of Anzacs, British, Canadians, and Americans last forever, and may it be not needed because it's there.

Dean D.
04-25-2013, 03:00 AM
Thanks for reminding us Jeff. I bow my head in silent prayer for our fallen Anzac allies on this day. Through thick and thin the Anzacs have been at our side and it does not go unnoticed by many of us on this side of the big pond.

I hope your Anniversary was a good one, 10 years is a milestone! Best wishes for many many more!

LtFrankDrebbin
04-25-2013, 03:52 AM
Lest We Forget!

missionary5155
04-25-2013, 05:38 AM
Good morning Jeff
Sun probably setting on you But you and your fellow countrymen are special to us. May your citizens never loose sight of the cost others have paid for freedom and the right to walk the streets speaking truth.
10 years ! Keep on Keeping on ! Mike in Peru

cbrick
04-25-2013, 06:13 AM
One of down unders biggest days much like our Memorial Day. Sadly for many here it means little more than a day off work and BBQ. Sad.

Pretty sneaky though, marry her on one of your most important days. Makes it very hard to forget huh? :mrgreen: Happy anniversary.

Rick

Ajax
04-25-2013, 06:29 AM
Happy anniversary. May we never forget our forefathers who have gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom and our country. I have bowed my head and said a prayer for all their souls.

Andy

WRideout
04-25-2013, 06:47 AM
Blessings on you and your family, Jeff. I will never forget that our brothers in arms from Australia, New Zealand and Canada also shed their blood in defense of freedom.

Wayne

Boerrancher
04-25-2013, 07:16 AM
Happy anniversary Jeff and have a great ANZAC Day to all of our Aussie and Kiwi members. I have a hat pin made with a small vile of sand from Gallipoli. It is pinned to my Slouch Hat that hangs on my wall with the rest of my important service memorabilia. My family will never forget to honor the sacrifices made by those that day.

Best wishes,

Joe

sundog
04-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Happy Anniversary to Jeff and your VERY tolerant better half!

Best wishes to my brothers and sisters in arms in Australian and New Zealand, and a prayer and a salute for those who have given all.

44man
04-25-2013, 08:55 AM
Best people and my prayers are with all that sacrificed. Remember history and the most brave of all.