PDA

View Full Version : Derimmer Made

Sliver Shooter
04-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Hey fellas, got my derimmer together and it works. It took some presure adjustments to pop those babies through and some lube to assist its journey, but it's working well. I think I have about $80 into it so I'm pleased.68332

Mozz
04-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Very nice set up.

MightyThor
04-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Thats it? no build data, no parts list, no construction photo's, no results pictures? Your like the guy who shows off the new corvette but won't give anyone a ride.:kidding:

kudoo
04-25-2013, 08:05 AM
Hey silver shooter, where are you in Mn., I'd like to see your setup. PM me I'm in Mn. also!

Hickory
04-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Someone should makeup a booklet of instructions with pictures and
parts needed to build these things and sell the booklets here X amount of dollars.

Sliver Shooter
04-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Hey Kudoo, I'm in Albert Lea. Ok guys, I didn't realize anyone would want details on this. I never took any pics of the build, just end result after testing. Heres what I did. I bought a 3 1/4x2" pneumatic cylinder on ebay. 2" I figured would have enough stroke to do the job. Also on Ebay I bought the regulator and solinoid, as well as the muffel things, the ridgid air hose and push-on fittings. (1/4 inch) I had the air chuck from my air compresser setup and I bought a 2" nipple in the hardware store. The push button switch I bought at Fleet farm. A very kind gentalman on this forum made me the adapter part that screws onto the cylinder shaft and is threaded for 1/2" on the other end. The punch, I made on my mini-lathe and the die is a Lee .224 boolit size die. For the frame, I had steel pieces cut and I welded them myself. A bit of John Deere Green paint and it was complete. Like I said, I have about $80 into it. I guess I would get a 4" cylinder if I was to build another. I have the presure up to about 100lb to pop them through. It works but a 4" would have more UMPH..

Cane_man
08-31-2013, 10:50 AM
what is the difference between a single acting cylinder and a double acting? which type would be best for derimming 22LR or drawing 9mm cases?

u.p. north
08-31-2013, 11:33 AM
what is the difference between a single acting cylinder and a double acting? which type would be best for derimming 22LR or drawing 9mm cases?
A single acting cylinder only has operation in one direction. Usually gravity and weight bring it to the closed position, sometimes a return spring. A double acting cylinder would be better for a derimming machine. U.P. North