PDA

View Full Version : Well, looks like the Deerslayer will be replaced.

x101airborne
04-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Kinda like losing a friend, really.
Two months ago, my truck started acting up having electrical issues. This worried my wife more than me, although I was concerned also. She told me to go look at a new truck. Well, that is easier said than done. I was looking at 2013 Dodge 2500's, diesel, 4x4, and double cab. Actually, the Mega-Cab. The kids are getting bigger and we could use the space for long trips and so on. Didn't want something overly nice or complicated like leather heated seats and so on, I am a cloth kind of guy and lets face it.... Sooner or later, that thing is going to get blood smeared ALL over it. Well, at the nominal (sarcastic) sum of 58,000.00, (I only spent 83,000.00 for my house and 4 acres), that wasn't going to happen. I was content that there was no new truck in my future. The Deerslayer had been repaired and running again, so I was content to wait till the missus got into her new and well paying job to look for something else.
Do yall see this coming?
The SWMBO came home all excited from the store the other day. "I found a truck for us!" Oh, H-E-double hockey sticks. She gave me the info and I stalled her off for two days. Finally on Monday she was off (she is always a little off, look at who she married) and INSISTED we go look at the truck. This was from an individual who lives about 8 miles north of me. All right, we will go look at it. We get there and the man was friendly and kind. An all round good guy. He is retired and bought 35 acres for him and his wife and goats and had a real nice little setup. Not a hunter, but a nature guy and just real down to Earth.
Well, he had a peach of a truck. 2010 Dodge 2500, Cummins, 4x4, double cab (not the Mega), all leather and had everything BUT a hairdryer button. Rear entertainment, 60 gallon spare diesel tank, air bag suspension, tinted windows, navigation, Sirius radio, heated steering wheel, 5th wheel hitch for camper, 38,000 miles and was asking 37K. I have to admit, nice ride all round.
I told my wife it was nice. And that is all I told her. Literally. I wasn't sure we could handle that and I like my old truck. She came home from town yesterday and said "sign this". She bought the truck and told me "Happy Birthday a little early."
Would it be greedy of me to still keep my old truck? I don't want to be an ungrateful butt, BUT I like my old truck. She says we need to sell my old truck, but can I put it for sale and just SAY I haven't had a buyer yet?
Ah, the memories.

dbosman
04-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Offer it up for a bit more than it should sell for. If you get the premium, great.

square butte
04-24-2013, 02:35 PM
It's comin. Start practicing saying these words -"Goodbye ole Pal".

Harter66
04-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Half the price of new on a truck that should run another 200k w/o to much worry fair enough.

A guy should have his beater door dingable truck available . I'd say unless it's a 4th car and it's got payments keep it. We run high miles out here and a back up has been a God send more times than I care to count. Like when I got buried in duck hunting w/a blown hub. When x1's mother got a Hummer across her hood. When I'd gone hunting and x2 had to go over Donner in November . etc etc

starmac
04-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Forget the excuses, just let her know who wears the pants. he he Be sure and let us know how it works out for you though. lol

x101airborne
04-24-2013, 03:12 PM
OK, yall said I can keep it. I will tell the wife later.
You don't mind if she contacts you direct, do you?

x101airborne
04-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Forget the excuses, just let her know who wears the pants. he he Be sure and let us know how it works out for you though. lol

I WEAR THE PANTS IN MY FAMILY!
She tells me
-When I can put them on.
-How high I can pull em.
-Legs inside or outside of my boots.
-How much change goes in each pocket.
-What belt to wear on them.
But don't EVER forget I wear the pants! LOL!

twotoescharlie
04-24-2013, 03:21 PM
under your apron???

TTC

x101airborne
04-24-2013, 03:38 PM
under your apron???

TTC
Eh, something like that. I do like the thong underwear she wants me to wear.

Olevern
04-24-2013, 03:43 PM
congrats on the new ride; not so much on that fat payment book! Ouch!

wallenba
04-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Them's funny lookin' deer ya got down in Texas.:kidding:

x101airborne
04-24-2013, 03:54 PM
It is called that cause I hit 7 in 6 months and 2 in my BIL's pickup in one week. Not cause I like to hunt.

ph4570
04-24-2013, 03:57 PM
We need photos of the new ride.

41 mag fan
04-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Trey...I'll tell her you can keep it...but only under 2 conditions.....she don't have evil red eyes like my wifes......brrrrr just that thought alone just made me shake and dribble a little.
AND she don't have a voice that sounds like 7 voices in one talking....like my wifes.

On second though, she might get ahold of me and accidentally talk to my wife....it'd be better you told her my neighbor told you to keep it!!!

DougGuy
04-24-2013, 04:04 PM
It is called that cause I hit 7 in 6 months and 2 in my BIL's pickup in one week. Not cause I like to hunt.

And Mama bought you a brand new truck? Oops! Whaddya going to tell her when ya tag Bambi #10 with it?

x101airborne
04-24-2013, 08:07 PM
And Mama bought you a brand new truck? Oops! Whaddya going to tell her when ya tag Bambi #10 with it?

That is why all my vehicles have full coverage. Even the ones paid off.

x101airborne
04-24-2013, 08:08 PM
Trey...I'll tell her you can keep it...but only under 2 conditions.....she don't have evil red eyes like my wifes......brrrrr just that thought alone just made me shake and dribble a little.
AND she don't have a voice that sounds like 7 voices in one talking....like my wifes.

On second though, she might get ahold of me and accidentally talk to my wife....it'd be better you told her my neighbor told you to keep it!!!

You must not care for your neighbor very much.
My wife HAS been known to carry a straight razor.

TXGunNut
04-24-2013, 10:01 PM
New trucks are nice, old trucks have character. I drove a new truck while my car was in the body shop...yep, a deer strike. Parked the loaner beside my old truck under the carport. Ever see a 97 F150 try to hike it's hind leg?

km101
04-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Eh, something like that. I do like the thong underwear she wants me to wear.

Whoa!!! Way too much info!!! :)

and remember: Never disagree with a woman! Even when you win, you lose!!