PDA

View Full Version : Same ?,, WTB a magma star

gunoil
04-23-2013, 08:22 AM
yep, 90 day wait for one. WTB a magma Star. But i know their hard to find.

ReloaderFred
04-23-2013, 12:18 PM
With the prices the older Stars are going for on the auction sites, I'd just place my order with Magma and get a new one if I was in the market for one. It's a **** shoot when buying a used one, as sometimes the seller has no idea what they're selling, since a lot of them hit yards sales and going out of life sales (aka: estate sales). They sell stuff they have no idea about, since it's all about turning a few dollars. I don't have a problem with that, since it recycles good equipment, but the knowledge isn't there on the seller's part.

I've got six of the original Star lube/sizers and they were all used when I got them. They ranged from almost new condition to just above boat anchor condition when they arrived. They also ranged from free to about half of what a new one costs, but I've had all mine for many years.

With a new machine you pretty much know what you're buying and it comes with a warranty. If you have an issue, you just pick up the phone and call the nice people at Magma and they'll walk you through the problem.

Hope this helps.

Fred

gunoil
04-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Yes member fred, i ordered one at 1:00. Your advice is great! It will last and i can leave it when iam gone to my nephew's.

I love this video:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wXbLxgJnBnI

I went for the delux one!

CPL Lou
04-23-2013, 08:33 PM
I ordered mine about 6 weeks ago. Lady at Magma says mine should ship to me on Friday the 26th. Already have 2 sizing dies from Lathesmith and will ordering a 3rd soon.
I don't own, or use any lube sizers so this will be my leap into the world of mechanized sizing.
[smilie=w:

CPL Lou

dbosman
04-23-2013, 09:14 PM
The delivery window keeps moving. Order now and you stop it moving.

04-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Mine is on order. Probably 14 to 16 weeks but it will be worth the wait.

CPL Lou
04-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Mine arrived today ! [smilie=w:
Took a total of 9 weeks from order to delivery.

CPL Lou