PDA

View Full Version : Proto-type 10mm AirSoft gun

44Vaquero
04-23-2013, 02:15 AM
This my Proto-type 10mm AirSoft gun. I was board about a month ago and was looking for a rainy-day project to monkey around with. I happened to come across a web forum called NERFHAVEN, similar to CASTBOOLITS in that its a group of people interested in building, modifying and shooting guns except theirs shoot foam darts! Having several 6mm soft-air guns around the house, I felt some of their designs could be scaled to shoot a 10mm pellet.

And this is the result: A breach loading, pump-action spring powered air-gun, I am working on a 30 round tube magazine too. I may be jumping the gun a little, however I wanted to begin test firing and working out the bugs before the project progressed any further.

It shoots fairly hard as the dent in my steel garage door will attest to and has an effective range of about 90 feet currently. The barrel is only about 16 inches, so the entire available air volume is not being used. I also need to work on a way to hold the round in place to increase start pressure.

If you are wondering what it shoots the answer is: 10mm fake pearls with no holes!

44Vaquero
05-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Updated pics and development continues. The basic gun is now complete and functions 100%. I have added a gravity fed magazine, the springs I had on hand were too strong(back to the drawing board). The breach is still manual. I plan on adding a operating rod that will function off the spring cocking slide and vertical front grip to aid in cocking. I will add a restriction in the barrel to increase start pressure and keep the bb from rolling out if the gun is pointed down.

olaf455
05-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Detent from a paintball gun for a barrel restriction?

44Vaquero
05-06-2013, 01:26 AM
Olaf that might be a good idea, I know of a local paint ball service center, have to check them out this week.