PDA

View Full Version : Gun show find

Andrew Mason
04-22-2013, 11:38 PM
Was at the gun show Saturday morning and found this beauty
A S&W model 60 .357 mag with 3" barrel. It is a nice little 5 shot revolver, it is pretty light weight to, weighing in at only 24oz.

It is my hope that my girlfriend will enjoy shooting this with .38 specials, and be able to manage a few .357mags, she has been wanting a 9mm, so we will see if she likes it, if she dose I plan on getting the pink hogue grip for it and giving it to her.

i would assume that a lyman 358429 would be pretty tame if i load them in .38s at a modest .38 velocity
Then again, I might keep it for my self, as I love this gun!

Andrew Mason
04-22-2013, 11:39 PM
Oh, and for those wondering, the gun was $450 plus all the (edit) taxes an fees and paperwork commiefornia requires.

trying2learn
04-22-2013, 11:42 PM
Nice looking pistol.

Angus
04-23-2013, 01:00 AM
I have it with the 5" barrel, and it is a perfect packin pistol. I didn't however like the Hogue with any kind of recoil, they were just too skinny in all the wrong places. I cought a set of wood grips from a guy in Thailand off eBay and I am really happy with them. They're not the best for concealment, though.

deepwater
04-23-2013, 02:18 AM
3" is the best length for a concealable .357 mag. Allows reasonable combustion to achieve mag velocities with reduced muzzle blast and flash.

jlchucker
04-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Was at the gun show Saturday morning and found this beauty
A S&W model 60 .357 mag with 3" barrel. It is a nice little 5 shot revolver, it is pretty light weight to, weighing in at only 24oz.

It is my hope that my girlfriend will enjoy shooting this with .38 specials, and be able to manage a few .357mags, she has been wanting a 9mm, so we will see if she likes it, if she dose I plan on getting the pink hogue grip for it and giving it to her.

i would assume that a lyman 358429 would be pretty tame if i load them in .38s at a modest .38 velocity
Then again, I might keep it for my self, as I love this gun!

I've got one of those. It's my nightstand gun, but still fun to shoot. It barks a little loud with 357 mag ammo, but is pretty pleasant with 38 specials. If your girlfriend shoots at all, she should like it. But then again, maybe not. A few years back a lady I worked with was asking me about guns. She'd grown up as a farm girl with several brothers, and was no stranger to shooting, but not much with handguns. We went to the range at the gunshop I go to, and she shot my model 60, as well as my 686 with 6 inch barrel, then she went shopping. She looked over several handguns in the store, paid no attention to anybody, and ended up buying a Taurus 7 shot with a 6 inch full shroud barrel. I don't think she carries that around in her purse. You can't ever tell what your girlfriend will like, but what the heck--as long as it shoots boolits.:veryconfu

olafhardt
04-27-2013, 08:01 AM
I had a 5"and a3". Traded the 5" with no regrets, love the 3". Pachmar Decelloraters helped with recoil.

EMC45
04-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Guy I know has one. Got it for $150 OTD at a local pawnshop. Some knuckle head scribbled his name and SS# all over the gun with an electric pencil. I mean ALL over it! I would still own it though. They are really neat guns.

km101
04-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Great score! And it is a pre-keyhole gun too! I'm jealous. I've been looking for one of those for a long time! And I have not been able to find one anywhere around here. I loaned mine to a friend, and a week or so later his house burned, taking my gun with it. I enjoyed shooting it with .38's and factory loads both. It's a little snappy with full house .357's but it is very accurate and manageable. Great little carry gun. She will like it if she likes revolvers. And if she doesn't, shoot me a PM and I'll buy it! :bigsmyl2:

Mlcompound
04-27-2013, 08:18 PM
I have a 60-4 in 3" and I love it. I carry it more than anything else. It is 38 special only but has a factory target trigger and hammer. Nice find and congrats.

rintinglen
04-27-2013, 10:52 PM
My brother has a 5 incher that is just a Dandy. I wanted one, but by the time I made up my mind to get one Smith was no longer cataloging them, (the 5 inchers). I've seen several of the 3 inch guns but believe I'll spring for a 4 inch Ruger--unless I get lucky like the OP--jesh, 450? They are 699 new.

silverbuzzard
04-28-2013, 06:04 PM
My buddy ,who has passed on , had a 3 inch. He was a certified S&W armorer and did a beautiful trigger job on it.
Spent an enjoyable afternoon in his back yard shortly before he passed ,shooting wadcutters at dandilion flowers and hitting most ! What a gun