PDA

View Full Version : Any CAS / SASS members or followers?

DeadWoodDan
04-22-2013, 03:14 PM
I have become interested in this and hope to view a few local matches this summer. But the main reason i posted is i'm wanting to purchase a belt/holster for my Ruger BH .357. I'm a rather larger guy and hoping i can find one withing reason to were around the woods and my place.

Any advice on were to purchase?

thanks
DWD

RayinNH
04-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Whyte Leatherworks in the Vendor/Sponsor section would be one source, goes by the name of Springfield on this site.

linotype
04-22-2013, 03:38 PM
SASS member here. CAS is a lot of fun. Check out the SASS web page for details ans links.
The BH with .38 Spl will do well for you.
I looked around for a belt and holster and ended up making my own. Bought leather and tools and all the hardware at Tandy on-line.
If you need any advice or help, drop me a PM.
Have fun!
Linotype

duckndawg
04-22-2013, 07:07 PM
I too am a member of SASS and do CAS check out the sass wire forums for alot of info and things for sale. where abouts you located?
Dawg

TheCelt
04-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Order a belt no less than 2" longer than you think you need!!! 4" would probably be better!!

cajun shooter
04-23-2013, 09:25 AM
SASS member for many years. Your first step should be finding out where any matches are held in your area. The SASS forum has that information. Attend a few shoots and after the match ask some questions from the different members. Ask who are the club officers and speak to them. They will be more than happy to help you out.
I suggest you wait before buying any gear at all. That includes leather, clothes, hats, and guns. There are several classes in SASS and until you know what class you want to start in, the purchase of any gear may be wrong. Each class has restrictions to dress and the guns or gun type used.
You also will have to have two revolvers not just one. In addition to that you will need a period correct shotgun and rifle.
The purchasing of gear before knowing any thing about the rules or class of choice is a waste of money. The SASS forum has a rule book that may be down loaded for you to look through and see the different classes. The actual watching of matches may change your mind as to what class you want to start out in. You are not restricted to shooting any class that you chose but you have to have the correct equipment for it or you will not be allowed to shoot.
Most new shooters are given a large grace period when it comes to the clothing that is correct for your class. Some shooters go as long as a year shooting local matches with the incorrect clothing before the clothes police will step in. You can't shoot any State or regional if you don't have the correct gear.
Find a club and go get busy. Later David