PDA

View Full Version : Glock Conversion Bbl.

fishnbob
04-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Any of you fella's tried a Lone Wolf drop in conversion bbl. that takes a Glock .40 cal to a 9mm? Does it work ok and is it recommended by anyone? I may be living under a rock but I don't recall hearing or reading about it at all. I would like to hear all comments, the good the bad and the ugly.

Thanks, Bob.

Ed_Shot
04-21-2013, 01:21 PM
I have a Glock 22. I bought a Gen 3 model on purpose because the reviews indicated it would work well with a 9MM conversion barrel regarding reliable function with 9MM. I use a Lone Wolf 40 SW in it and the Lone Wolf 9MM conversion. Both of these LW barrels are wonderful. They are accurate and both shoot to the same point of aim for me.

One caviat.... I bought an after-market stainless steel recoil rod and captured spring assembly perported to duplicate the factory spring and I immediately started having problems with the slide failing to lock on the last round. Went back to the Glock OEM Gen 3 recoil assembly and haven't had any more problems.

Charlie U.
04-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Hey Bob,
I've gone with the 357SIG barrel instead of 9mm......that way I can just use the same mags as the 40S&W.
Offers better case support than the factory barrel does and it has rifling that allows for the use of cast boolits (which is the main reason I wanted an aftermarket barrel )

Good barrel. Works great.Money well spent IMO.

Only complaint I have to offer is that goofy little cartoon logo......I would rather not have that on my handgun.

BTW if you don't mind a little extra barrel sticking out in front of your slide and want maximum performance you can get those LW drop in barrels that are a bit longer than the factory.

muzzyhead
04-21-2013, 01:54 PM
I've been using LW barrels for a couple of year in a gen 3 model 22 and 27 in 40 S&W and 9mm so that I can use cast boolits. No complaints.

scattershot
04-21-2013, 03:04 PM
I have the 40/9mm conversion barrel, and it works fine. I use the same barrel in my 23 and 27 with no problems. Some have reported that the conversion can use the 40 mags, but that has not been my experience.

good luck!

Poohgyrr
04-21-2013, 06:54 PM
At home, we've set up our Glocks so each one will run 40/357/9mm using mostly LW barrels (also BarSto & Storm Lake) and the LWs are working fine for us. The 3rd Gen G35 does fine as a stock 40, nicer as a 9mm, and really shines in 357Sig.