PDA

View Full Version : LBT Hardness Tester Instructions

Iowa Fox
04-21-2013, 12:58 AM
I have one of the older LBT harness testers that I need to find a set of instructions for. I can find instructions for the latter style testers on the net and also doing a search here. I tried Veral but I'm not getting a response. This is a older tester from the Arizona days, it has a long pointer arm attached to the left side of the pressue bar coming all the way over to the right side where there is a white line and dot. Would anyone here have a set of instructions for this older style tester that they could post here or email me? Thanks a lot.

Piedmont
04-21-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm in the same boat. Bottoming out the arm after for two seconds after setting it for zero is getting me in the ball park. I wonder what the instructions are for the new ones, because both can be bottomed out. Veral probably figured that extra part wasn't needed.

Bent Ramrod
04-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Hope you can read these. My scanner stopped working because of an "unknown error" and I have to photograph everything any more.

Iowa Fox
04-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Ramrod, Thanks for posting the instructions. I can read some of them and it appears these are for a later tester than mine. My tester is different than the one pictured in your instructions. It has a fine pointer arm that is soldered to the left side of the pressure bar which runs parallel about a 1/4 of an inch lower than the pressure bar full length from left to right. On the right side that pointer lines up with a white dot and has a white line above the dot.

phaessler
04-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Hope this helps, here are scanned copies of my LBT instructions also..

Pete

If its too difficult to read , drop me pm with an email address I can send a PDF file to.

Bent Ramrod
04-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Iowa Fox,

I've seen a few LBT testers and they all looked like mine. The instructions are from the Cornville Arizona period. Might yours be a Cabine Tree? A picture would help.

Iowa Fox
04-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Pete,

Thats the tester that I have and the instructions that I need. I'm going to send you a PM with my email addy for a PDF file as the posted pics print small.

Ramrod, thanks for your help also.

John Boy
04-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Fox - no PM necessary. Just click on the instructions - they will enlarge. Then print the pages and they will be large text on 8.5x11 paper

Iowa Fox
04-22-2013, 01:27 AM
John Boy, I tried that and they did enlarge some what. I tried printing a page after enlarging it but it printed small requiring a magnafing glass to barely read it after printing. I also tried to save to file and print but they are still small. I'm sure if my kids still lived at home they could help me but being from the paper & pencil days I'm going to take advantage of Pete's offer for a E-mail PDF. I don't know how many of these early testers Veral made but this is the first time I have every seen a set of instructions for one. I purchased the tester in its original box minus instructions several years ago from one of the members here (Lumpie) but was so busy working I never used it as I had my old Saeco. I finally got retired and its time to put the LBT to use.

detox
04-22-2013, 06:16 AM
Right click and save picture as. Find in my pictures, then zoom in. Easy....