PDA

View Full Version : Need handels for H&G #20

exblaster
09-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Just got a H&G #29 two cavity mold but no handles. Will any other handle work on this mold?
Exblaster

Texasflyboy
09-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I assume you mean "will any other mfg's handles work on the H&G #20"?

The answer is, well, it depends. If you fit them correctly, they should work.

But what I've told folks for years is, look online for your solution at either eBay or Auction Arms.

Often, two cavity Hensley & Gibbs moulds with handles sell for a very low price if the attached moulds are style's that aren't popular in 2 cavity. Lotta folks pass on a #50 two cavity block that has handles as no one wants to cast two wadcutters at a time, they would rather find a 4,6, or 10 cavity #50.

Years ago, I used to bid on every set of two cavity moulds or handles that came on eBay or AA regardless of what mould was attached. I wanted the handles, because I knew, based on my research, that a lot of rifle caliber moulds (such as your #20) were sold without handles. The thing to do in the old days was to order one mould with handles, and all the other blocks were sans handles. The owner just moved the handles to the blocks that he wanted to cast.

I've advised others here on this board to buy two cavity blocks that have handles in order to solve a present or future problem. If you're patient, this may be the best route to solve your dilemma.

As soon as I stop flying all over the place and have time to sit at my work desk at home, my next addition to the Hensley & Gibbs website is going to be all of the measurements necessary to duplicate the handles for 2,4,6,8, & 10 cavity handles. If someone here on the board has access to a CAD program and can generate drawings based on my measurements, I'll post the measured drawings to the Hensley & Gibbs website in case we ever get to the point where we have to resort to making handles.

exblaster
09-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Thank you sir for the help.
Exblaster