PDA

View Full Version : Star Lube Sizer with Air Cylinder

jesflorida
04-19-2013, 06:26 PM
My Star arrived today, after an order placed in January.

Definitely worth the wait.

Now adapting my 2.5 CF, 250 psi pressure tank to the Star

Lathesmith dies ordered at the same time, received more than 2 weeks ago.

All my loading is BP, soft home made lube, no heat needed.

This is better than a birthday!

jesflorida

captaint
04-20-2013, 02:09 PM
jes - take your time and read the instructions twice. It takes a little (I did) to learn to get the Star working well. When you do - the results are very gratifying. I love my Star. AND, it takes very little adjustment most of time when changing boolit types. I shoot mostly pistol boolits and the Star requires little or no adjustment from one to the other - most of the time. Always write down the distance from the machine to the bottom of the punch for each boolit. You'll find this saves some foolin around when changing boolits. Mike

cbrick
04-21-2013, 07:07 AM
Yep, a definite learning curve just as with anything new but so worth it. The Star is a great machine.

SAECO of course sells lubrisizers but before John Adams sold SAECO to Redding the lubrisizer bolted to the bench at SAECO was a Star, they could have all the SAECO's they wanted, they made them but they used a Star. That says a lot about the Star.

I bought that Star from John after the sale when he retired. That was my first one and since I have added a second.

Rick

bslim
04-30-2013, 05:34 PM
I found that when I ordered dies from Lathesmith, I ordered top punches with locking nuts. Once adjusted properly, I keep the punches and the dies as a set. Changeover is a snap, no further adjustments required.