PDA

View Full Version : Won a Chippa 1873 SAA-22

Down South
04-19-2013, 05:35 PM
I won one of these as a door prize the other day. It is the combo with a second cylinder chambered in 22 Mag. It appears to be about a $200 revolver. Not a high end piece for sure but it does look and feel good.
I won it in Tx so I'm have to ship it to my FFL in LA so I can pick it up. Tactical Firearms in Katy charged me $52 :shock: to ship it.
They had a bunch of tacticool stuff in there but dang, $52 for shipping a gun that came from them is a bit steep.

Anyway, any of you guys have one of these? They shoot straight?

rintinglen
04-19-2013, 11:01 PM
*The reviews are positive that I've read, but I've never met one here in Commiefornia.

jnovotny
04-20-2013, 07:25 PM
I would say 52 dollars for a gun you got for free was a pretty good deal! :veryconfu

Down South
04-20-2013, 08:16 PM
I would say 52 dollars for a gun you got for free was a pretty good deal! :veryconfu

I've won six guns in the past two years at shoots. All of them but one were won on raffle boards, the other by door prize. Three handguns were won in Tx which I had to ship to my FFL in La. $35 was the most I remember for shipping if my memory serves me correct.

I left a shoot in Lafayette today at 2:30. I got a text message about 30 minutes ago that my name was pulled for a door prize gun. Of course, I had to be present to be able to win so someone else was the lucky winner. I don't know what it was. I don't know if I want to know.

BCRider
04-21-2013, 04:14 AM
I've won six guns in the past two years at shoots.....I left a shoot .....my name was pulled for a door prize gun.........

Folks with luck like you make me SICK ! ! ! ! :D

I've only won two significant things in my whole life. Years ago I won a $500 bouyancy compensator jacket for scuba diving and a year ago I won the Henry Golden Boy at my club's big cowboy shoot weekend. Normally I get diddly. Hell, I'm even happy to win some trinket that I'll never use or a shirt that doesn't fit just because it shows that The Fates at least haven't totally forgotten me.... :D

I'm not a fan at all of Chiappa guns. And little I've read or heard from others counters this impression. They seem to be big on making the outsides look good but fail to carry that through on the insides. But still, you won it so it's worth trying it out.