PDA

View Full Version : NOE goodness

Love Life
04-19-2013, 11:15 AM
I ordered one of the aluminum NOE H&G round nose moulds for 45 acp awhile back, and finally got a chance to cast with it yesterday. So I scrubbed it out, put it through the heat cycles, and poured away. I own several NOE moulds and they all have the same thing in common.

The sprue plate needs to be a bit loose. It should need need just minor effort to open
NOE moulds like to be cast HOT. For all my moulds the boolits have to come out shiny and then frost over before I start getting 100% fill out. Not chystaline frost, but just a good frost.
Pour straight in and have the mould as close to the pour spout as you can.
Cast fast.

Anywho after I got to the right temp range it rained RN 45 acp boolits!! I love me some NOE moulds and it is nice that they make RN boolit profiles when others don't.

The only bad part is now I have to size and lube those boolits on the lyman 4500...

Moral of this story? Bragging rights for one!! Also I have read a few threads lately of people having issues with NOE moulds. All I can say is push through the initial quirks, get to know your mould, and you will be incredibly happy!!

Jim Flinchbaugh
04-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Agreed completely, I'm waiting on a GB for #5.
The smaller the boolit the hotter the mold needs to be

Cane_man
04-19-2013, 02:14 PM
if that is the 230gr then it is the same one i have, and hotter is better... me likey fo sho

Love Life
04-19-2013, 02:20 PM
It is Cane Man, but the mould number escapes me at this time. Just a good, solid, 45 ACP boolit. I only wish I had a 4 cavity...

white eagle
04-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Half the trouble isn't with NOE mold its the operator
never had a lick of trouble with their molds or any other mold manufacturer

41 mag fan
04-20-2013, 09:45 AM
Love Life...I'm going to save you a lot of traumatic experiences and nightmares and PTSD.

You send me those horrible boolits and i'll size and lube them for you, and then shoot..ooops... dispose of them for you to save you from being tramatized.
That's how good of a friend I am to you!!!!!!!

captaint
04-20-2013, 01:01 PM
I have that mold in 4 cav. It is a thing of beauty - in the way is casts lead. It is the H&G 34 clone. Mine is not going anywhere. Mike

MTtimberline
04-20-2013, 02:18 PM
I don't currently have and NOE moulds, but I am in on the GB for the 314 115 gr. and can't wait to try it out. Have seen photos of many NOE moulds and they look to be of very high quality. I am sure I will be a proud owner of this mould when it is made and many more after.

kweidner
04-20-2013, 08:25 PM
I own multiple NOE. awsome stuff. Cast fast cast hot. They will be fine. I have cast over 9000 boolits in the last week. Three were NOE molds, 2 were accurate. Awsome stuff.