PDA

View Full Version : Positive Rossi Customer Service

jh45gun
04-18-2013, 07:36 PM
OK here is the deal I sent my Ranch Hand back because the screw backed out of the Cartridge guide and it appeared to be stripped. It locked up the lever so I sent it back and I told them while they had it fix the shooting high issues most of these have and put on a new rear sight since I had filed a deeper groove in mine last fall since it was shooting so high and I wanted it to hit where it was supposed to. I would have ordered different sights but since they had it I felt they should fix the issue.

Got it back today they told me 6 weeks it came back just over 4 weeks.

OK they sent back the gun with a new Cartridge guide and new screw. Sent back the old parts to show they had been replaced. They replaced the back sight and elevator as requested and sent proof it was shooting POA a target shot at 30 yards with a 5 shot group using Winchester 125 grain FP ammo. Three shots in the bull and two right below the bull at the 6:00 position. It was a 2 inch group. The guy that shot the target said 2 and 1/4 What ever it looks like two to me maybe a bit less as his circle around the group was generous. The only gun I ever sent back to a company was the Henry I had in 22 mag for a hammer issue they sent it back in a week. So while the Rossi took longer they were still two weeks faster than they predicted and did take care of the sight shooting high issue so I am more than satisfied. I guess I will see when I get out to shoot it. Right now here in Northern WI it is the snowiest April in record for as long as they have been taking records and we are supposed to get an other 4 to 8 inches tonite and tomorrow and be nice for Sat then an other snow storm moving in. They are billing it locally as the winter than never seems to end. Fishing season starts May 4th and there is still over 26 inches of solid blue ice on the lakes. Some lakes have as much as 36 inches yet. So might be a couple of weeks and warmer weather until I go out and shoot it.

BACKTOSHOOTING
04-18-2013, 11:37 PM
Good to know. Hope it warms up for you soon, Was 85 deg here today
Will look for your upcoming report