PDA

View Full Version : New Reloading auction site

scb
09-02-2007, 03:47 PM
http://www.reloadersauction.com/index.php

Brought to my attention in another thread by Ranger Rick. Hoping more folks will see it in a thread of it's own. I plan on supporting it and hope others will too, leaving eBay the same way they dumped us. I know others have expressed concern about finding another online source of reloading equipment. I know that there are a couple of very good gun auction sites but I never had a lot of luck finding reloading gear on them. That is of course except for new stuff usually at retail prices. This site is new (8-19-07) so there's not a lot of stuff there yet but they are, the way I read it, from now 'til 12-31-07 only charging $1.00 per listing IF it sells. Nothing if it doesn't. Steve

Sundogg1911
09-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Great! We need something. I used to list one box of cast boolits on Ebay and sell 5 or 6. Gunbroker never really did as well for me. I really hope this site works out.

reloadersauction
09-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks Sundogg, (and Steve) I hope this works out too, I really don't see how we can fail.....

This is what I told myself when I decided to start this site (While Pi$$ed at Ebay for dumping us :-D )

First, we need a site Like this....I WAS satisfied with Ebay until they changed policy on us and made me realize that we meant NOTHING to them as members.

Secondly, I am self employed, so the time it takes to promote the site is not a problem, the Software actually runs the site with very little maintenance and I have already prepaid server fees for 1 year....we will be there that long at least...lol

Thirdly, Where else can someone auction these types of items for free, for any price, and only pay a dollar, (final selling price fee) and ONLY if it sells?

Fourth, if I listen to the members suggestions and feedback and make changes accordingly, it can only get better!

And the last thing was that I am not doing this to get rich.....heck, I make good money with my commercial refrigeration business....I just need a place to buy CHEAP reloading supplies...lol

the way I read it, from now 'til 12-31-07 only charging $1.00 per listing IF it sells. Nothing if it doesn't. Steve

And you read it right Steve, free to list, only fee is $1.00, if it sells, and for over $10.00 ($0.50 fee for $1.00 to $9.99 selling price)

AFTER December 1, 2007 the only thing that will change is the "Extras" for auction listings....like "Home page featured", "Highlighted ads", "bold ads",etc, and Stores) Standard Auction listings will still be free.

Hope to see all of you there YEARS FROM NOW.

Johnny B.

ovendoctor
09-04-2007, 12:35 PM
goter bookmarked ,looking foward to useing it:drinks:

:castmine: :redneck:

also welcome to cast boolets[smilie=s:

floodgate
09-04-2007, 01:01 PM
wiljen:

I'm having trouble with the site. I'm registered, log in OK, clicked "Wanted" / "Submit Wanted Ad"/ Category "Presses and Accessories, Other", entered Title ("Wanted, Ideal or Lyman 'Armory' Press"); dropped down to "Description" and tried to type it in, but couldn't get a cursor, and type wouldn't come up - the "Description" field just stayed blank. Tried "proceed", and got flag: "you must enter a description"; still "no joy".

What am I missing? (Remember, I'm a complete computer dummy; even the "...For Dummies" books don't help me.)

floodgate

reloadersauction
09-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Hi Floodgate,

Sorry for your troubles, I went threw the steps just as you did but I could not get the software to "Not" give me a cursor....not sure what is going on there......I could post it for you if you have more trouble...but I will look into it more....maybe your cursor is like me and just too tired and worn out to work....(thats my excuse anyway)...if you would, try it again and let me know.

Adam10mm
09-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Listed about 5 auctions today. Much easier than eBay. Better than Gunbroker as it has categories other than "Equipment" and "Supplies".

I spread the word over at GTR.

Old Ironsights
09-05-2007, 05:22 PM
So, this is where we can sell Bullet Tips eh? ;)

I just posted a set of .444 dies. Let's see how well it works.

I spread the word at Leverguns, Hunting Indiana and Indiana Sportsmen.

AND I get to be "Old Ironsights" rather than my zillion year old Ebone "computer geek" handle. [smilie=w:

madcaster
09-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Just registered....

Single Shot
09-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Registered and will be posting after inventory. SHHHHHHHHHHHHH to much stuff.

scrapcan
09-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Way to go guys. all we can do is see if will be a go. I will get registered and try to get a few items put up that I was nto able to sell here. This is the first I have heard of it so will take some time to get up to speed.

Maybe we ought to mention payment methods here in this thread. Maybe metnion some of the bells and whistles etc..

1hole
09-06-2007, 07:28 PM
"we can sell Bullet Tips ..." ?????????

Scrounger
09-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Very few items and looks like most of them belong to one dealer. I think Ebay's way of charging a listing fee kept the dealer from taking over. Yeah, I know some of those posters were dealers but they at least were smart enough to price their stuff low enough to sell. Gunbroker is simply many dealers online display of their entire inventory. It has its uses but I won't post anything to sell there, it would get lost.

Old Ironsights
09-06-2007, 09:49 PM
New EBAY Policy =

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/MrMisanthrope/9085_1.jpghttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/MrMisanthrope/450d_1.jpg

Their own words... :groner:

I.E.... they are such craniusrectums who are so PC that they can't even figure out that they are not responsible for the actions of people who buy the stuff that they are not even personally selling. [smilie=b:

Ta ell wit em.

Old Ironsights
09-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Very few items and looks like most of them belong to one dealer. I think Ebay's way of charging a listing fee kept the dealer from taking over. Yeah, I know some of those posters were dealers but they at least were smart enough to price their stuff low enough to sell. Gunbroker is simply many dealers online display of their entire inventory. It has its uses but I won't post anything to sell there, it would get lost.

It's brand new. Very few people know about it yet and fewer have posted anything for sale other than a couple of businesses.

However, as a non-compensated individiual I have posted a set of dies, and will post other stuff as soon as I can think of stuff to post.

I want this to work.

Nazgul
09-06-2007, 10:01 PM
I registered OK but the link to activate my account won't work. Had it resent and still the same.

Old Ironsights
09-06-2007, 10:06 PM
I registered OK but the link to activate my account won't work. Had it resent and still the same.

Odd.

Try "cut-n-paste" rather than "click". My junk mail filter won't allow me to click on anyhing in my junk mail folder, and ALL new subscriptions end up there becuse they are, well, NEW. [smilie=1:

I had no trouble at all setting up a Seller account.

Scrounger
09-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Of course Ebay's action doesn't make any sense but...
They think:
Selling a Contender barrel outs them at risk but selling the forend or grip doesn't????
Selling a bullet or empty case puts them at risk but selling the reloading dies to assemble these parts is OK????
Selling a bullet is wrong but selling the mold to make a thousand of them is OK????
Their lawyer must be smoking those funny cigarettes...

Old Ironsights
09-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Frag 'em and their lawyer.

Use ebone if you want to sell barbies.

Use Reloader Auction if you want to sell reloading stuff.

I promised myself (and a few others) I'd back/push the first semi-well-done reloading/gun component auction site that made a viable web presence, and I meant it.

At $1/sale what's the risk?

floodgate
09-06-2007, 11:40 PM
wiljen:

Still no cursor and no way to type in a description. The problem may be at my end, as I have a similar problem at another site; but "CastBoolits" works fine as do several others.

I HATE dumb machines that are smarter than me!!!

floodgate

Antietamgw
09-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Just registered without any problems. I'll dig around and find something to list. This site could become very usefull to us all - I'd sure like to see some good alternatives to AuctionArms and GunBroker.

lawboy
09-07-2007, 04:45 PM
registered. will list some items for sale.

alamogunr
09-07-2007, 05:37 PM
OK! I registered but if the process had asked for my SS# that would have been the straw that broke the camel's back. I don't recall having to furnish that much info on any other site.

richbug
09-07-2007, 06:04 PM
The no fee unless it sells will turn it into another monster to find anything, just like gunbroker. Look at reloading supplies, some idiot listed a bunch of dies in there. Nearly everything is full retail priced new stuff.

Scrounger
09-07-2007, 06:22 PM
The no fee unless it sells will turn it into another monster to find anything, just like gunbroker. Look at reloading supplies, some idiot listed a bunch of dies in there. Nearly everything is full retail priced new stuff.

I noticed that. I wrote GunBroker a letter about their listings. I made a suggestion or two that would help in my opinion. Naturally they blew it off; Thanks, but we don't need any advice from outsiders. Guess who won't get any listings from me? Anyway, here's a couple of suggestions you might forward to the new site owner:

1. Limit number of listings per registrant, say no more than 12 or 15 items.

2. Put a Sunset Clause on each item listed. If it doesn't sell in...say 10 weeks... (Price too high?) then the listing dies.

Coupled with Suggestion Number 1, this should prevent retail businesses from clogging the auction's arteries with merchandise that isn't selling.

richbug
09-07-2007, 07:57 PM
I noticed that. I wrote GunBroker a letter about their listings. I made a suggestion or two that would help in my opinion. Naturally they blew it off; Thanks, but we don't need any advice from outsiders. Guess who won't get any listings from me? Anyway, here's a couple of suggestions you might forward to the new site owner:

1. Limit number of listings per registrant, say no more than 12 or 15 items.

2. Put a Sunset Clause on each item listed. If it doesn't sell in...say 10 weeks... (Price too high?) then the listing dies.

Coupled with Suggestion Number 1, this should prevent retail businesses from clogging the auction's arteries with merchandise that isn't selling.

Or you could just charge a small listing fee. It would keep away the folks who don't actually sell anything, but put their whole shop up at what they wish they could get for it. It worked for Ebay, why try to reinvent the wheel.

scb
09-07-2007, 10:21 PM
On their site they have an area for suggestions. I made several regarding bullet making categories and sub subcategories. They implemented them almost immediately. I'm not saying they will be able to make all the changes we request but at least you (I) get the idea they are willing to listen. I too would hate to see it turn into another catalog dump for a handful of individuals. That practice is worst than junk mail in my opinion.

BigSlick
09-08-2007, 06:02 AM
How about some of you take a look at this :

http://reloadersauction.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3

Might just make a difference

'Slick
________
How To Use A Vaporite Vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com)

BigSlick
09-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Well that got deleted pretty quickly.

I posted a poll regarding dealer listings.

The poll asked if you wanted to see dealer listings of every shell holder, set of dies, grips etc in every possible size and type all listed for retail.

I personally think that will make the place more trouble than it's worth to look at.

I think the site is a great idea, perfect timing and the site owner is a reloader. All great things.

I would just hate to see it flooded (looks like it's already starting to happen) with useless dealer full retail listings.

Maybe they will work out a way to keep that from being a big problem.

I hope so, I can list a bunch of stuff there and would think it fantastic if the site takes off and the owners make millions off it.

Good for us, good for them.

I just hope a few opportunist dealers don't screw it up for everyone.
________
Vaporizer wiki (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

OeldeWolf
09-08-2007, 01:13 PM
It6 is good to see a new site for reloading supplies. This is not the first time that an ebay decision to stop listing a category has resulted in one or more new sites. The others I know of are all going well, now. I hope this one will also take off.

Scrounger
09-08-2007, 02:28 PM

I posted a poll regarding dealer listings.

The poll asked if you wanted to see dealer listings of every shell holder, set of dies, grips etc in every possible size and type all listed for retail.

I personally think that will make the place more trouble than it's worth to look at.

I think the site is a great idea, perfect timing and the site owner is a reloader. All great things.

I would just hate to see it flooded (looks like it's already starting to happen) with useless dealer full retail listings.

Maybe they will work out a way to keep that from being a big problem.

I hope so, I can list a bunch of stuff there and would think it fantastic if the site takes off and the owners make millions off it.

Good for us, good for them.

I just hope a few opportunist dealers don't screw it up for everyone.
They will. Greed is what drives business. The site owner is thinking 100,000 items listed, if 1% sells every week, I get $1000. He doesn't care if it's your used dies or a dealer's new ones, it just a $1 to him. Since there is no listing charge, all the dealers who now list on GunBroker will also list on the new site. It won't work well for us but by sheer numbers he will make a nice profit there. I'm not even going to bother to register...

Sprue
09-08-2007, 06:09 PM
....just registered.

And yes, if it turns out to be a "commercial dealers haven" I'll pull the plug too.

A "flea market" type auction would be great, dealing in used items only.

I just don't understand people who list items (old or new) at full retail price on an auction site. I can save $$$ shopping local.

Dealers having multiple listings at near full retail should be required to open up a "Store Front". An area off to itself, thats posted within a commercial area of the auction site and charged accordingly while playing the major role in SITE support.

I know, I know...its the green backs that do the talking. Would be nice though to have a place for Individuals while not having to wade through the commercial dunn.

The Reloader Auction however is a good idea, we'll have to give it a test drive and decide from there.

Sprue

Sundogg1911
09-08-2007, 10:58 PM
I really hope that it works out. :drinks: Ebay is just insane. They don't get it and never will. I really try to purchase equipment elsewhere, but I still buy things from ebay from time to time. I've tried selling cast boolits on Gunbroker, but the bids just don't come in. Most of my local gunshops want me to stalk their shelves with cast Boolits, but I don't think I’d enjoy casting if I started doing it daily. I have a good day job, so this is just a hobby for me, but I'd love to keep it a self sufficient hobby! :-D

Bret4207
09-09-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm of the opinion that there are few who really give a crap about making an auction site for the benefit of the consumer. So, since so many businesses are intertwined and co-owned and part of larger conglomerations, I use Ebay and everyone else and just figure they're ALL anti-gun morons and cheats. IOW- cynicism runs rampant with me.

Now, where'd I put my Zoloft...........

scb
09-09-2007, 03:33 PM
If the site has a good search system you can get around these “catalog dumpers”. That was one thing that ebay had done fairly well. In their advanced search you were able to block any seller you wanted from being displayed in your search results. Myself I don’t have time to browse thru the whole category so I’ll search for what I “think” I need. I haven’t had a chance to try a search on Reloaders Auction, there are/were so few items up for sale it wasn’t necessary. Hopefully they will help us out in this regard or I fear that the “honeymoon” will be very short lived. I for one won’t waste my time sifting thru pages of the same retail priced stuff.
Quite frankly I guess that I find it offensive that these catalog dumpers think that we're so stupid that we’d buy from them in the first place. There are more than a few places that you can buy the same products for !! much !! less.

newfoundlander
09-13-2007, 03:52 AM
As a Canadian resident I must say I'm unerwhelmed with this new website. The idea is great but once again almost all of the sellers refuse to ship out of the US even though what they're selling is not regulated. Brass and bullets are regulated but only when their value exceeds $100.00. The export of dies, presses, priming tools, molds etc pose is not regulated.

waksupi
09-13-2007, 07:48 AM
The reason more don't do international shipping, is cost. Not enough people are familiar with the process, that isn't actually difficult at all. Where the rub comes in, is the shipping cost. I know of no calculator to let you know what the mailing cost to another country is, until you get to the post office. I was caught in this trap once, and ended up paying more in the shipping, than what the total amount of the item was. Rare circumstance maybe, but many have experienced this kind of thing.

As a Canadian resident I must say I'm unerwhelmed with this new website. The idea is great but once again almost all of the sellers refuse to ship out of the US even though what they're selling is not regulated. Brass and bullets are regulated but only when their value exceeds $100.00. The export of dies, presses, priming tools, molds etc pose is not regulated.

Old Ironsights
09-13-2007, 02:56 PM
The reason more don't do international shipping, is cost. Not enough people are familiar with the process, that isn't actually difficult at all. Where the rub comes in, is the shipping cost. I know of no calculator to let you know what the mailing cost to another country is, until you get to the post office. I was caught in this trap once, and ended up paying more in the shipping, than what the total amount of the item was. Rare circumstance maybe, but many have experienced this kind of thing.

I agree, though IIRC I posted that for my little auction International Shipment would/could be coordinated via email since I couldn't price it as easily as just saying $4.65 Priority...

Johnny would value your input on Canadian shippng regs and maybe we could put a FAQ up.

Ditto for any of 'yall elsewhere (UK, OZ, NZ, etc.)

C'mon over and pass your ideas on directly in the Forum. The more Ideas, the better.

6pt-sika
09-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Well I registered and bid on one mould . Perhaps I will bid on another [smilie=1:

reloadersauction
09-13-2007, 07:47 PM
They will. Greed is what drives business. The site owner is thinking 100,000 items listed, if 1% sells every week, I get $1000. He doesn't care if it's your used dies or a dealer's new ones, it just a $1 to him. Since there is no listing charge, all the dealers who now list on GunBroker will also list on the new site. It won't work well for us but by sheer numbers he will make a nice profit there. I'm not even going to bother to register...

'Fraid that is not the way it is friend.......like Sundogg1911 said
I have a good day job, so this is just a hobby for me, but I'd love to keep it a self sufficient hobby! ...I am self employed and make around 60K/year and the wife makes 30K....my total expenses per month are less than most peoples mortgage payments...so money is NOT an issue....I just want to Bust Ebays B*LLS! (if they had any) for kicking us to the curb and show them we can survive without them....

The listing fees are a dollar because I thought that if a seller's fees were lower the cost passed on to the buyer would be lower... NOTHING MORE!....I am all about a good deal.......I agree that the commercial listings are not very attractive to most people.....I made a post in our site forums which stated

Something to remember is that these guys DO have things to offer certain people...maybe not you and me, but their feedback at other sites show there is a market for their goods. I do not want to segregate full scale and end up with a "Communist" site like Ebay, who decides for their members what you need to see and what you don't.....Everyone is welcome here.

I will do something about this issue....I will cap the number of their listings as well as a search filter just to exclude commercial seller's items...and Scrounger...you said
Put a Sunset Clause on each item listed. If it doesn't sell in...say 10 weeks... (Price too high?) then the listing dies.
This is already in place.....stores can run an auction for 30 days and relist 1 time then if it does not sell it is deleted by the software automatically. I need Input from the members to see arising issues and nip it in the bud before it becomes a real problem.....I'm sorry you feel this way about registering...we would love to have you as a member....you would be an asset.

BigSlick....you wrote

I posted a poll regarding dealer listings....it did make a difference...I PM'd you on the site when I deleted it and contacted my programmers right then to start working on a solution (to a rising problem I did not see until your post)...

Solutions i'm working on now....

1. Changing it to where there will only be 2 types of stores.....Commercial and personal. This is monitored, regulated and enforced thru a "Store management" interface within the software.

2. Have the programmers ad the search option to exclude any items listed by the commercial sellers.

3. Capping the number of commercial listings to further cut down on "clutter"

newfoundlander...you wrote,

We still do not have a lot of members listing items so choices are limited right now...and I regret I cannot MAKE these guys ship outside the US.....but I can encourage them to do so by gathering facts to brighten the Grey area of international shipping that scares sellers.....let me know where i can find your Canadian shipping regs and we will put a FAQ up like Old Ironsights said.

Trust me when I say this guys.....I do and will listen to the members if we have a legitimate issue that needs to be addressed ...I'm not an arrogant tree hugger like the people at Ebay...I'm just a North Carolina Redneck who likes to reload and shoot and do it cheap as possible (more shooting that way :Fire: ).....I need your feedback and support to make this work for us all.

Thanks for the input,
Johnny Burnette
Admin/Owner
Reloadersauction.com

Old Ironsights
09-13-2007, 08:46 PM
(Disclaimer - Johnny asked me to be a Mod on his Forum... I accepted because I wanted to anyway.)

A couple of thoughts:

#1 Greed isn't all bad. It motivates people to do things... just as does Anger. (If you want to get into a HUGE Theosophical Debate with me, email me about the existence of Altruisim sometime...)

Johnny set this up because he was/is ANGRY. A good Survival Manual will tell you that Focused Anger as a HIGHLY desireable trait if you want to survive.

#2 IF and that is a BIG IF Reloader's Auction starts making enough $1 payments to cover the expenses.... AND upgrades... AND (potentially?) additional staff/paid resources, maybe Johnny will see some Profit.

I certainly hope so.

Scrounger
09-13-2007, 09:29 PM
Sounds like you are well aware of the problems and are "full speed ahead" in getting the solutions in place. I commend you on that and will be glad to register there. The big fight for you is customer base; you can't possibly match Ebay's in number but if items sell well enough there, you will continue to grow. Good luck.

floodgate
09-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Me, I LIKE both the concept and the execution of "our" new auction site - even though I STILL cannot post a "Wanted" item. (A Lyman - preferably - or an older Ideal version of the massive "Armory" bench reloading press.)

floodgate

reloadersauction
09-14-2007, 05:25 AM
Me, I LIKE both the concept and the execution of "our" new auction site - even though I STILL cannot post a "Wanted" item. (A Lyman - preferably - or an older Ideal version of the massive "Armory" bench reloading press.)

floodgate

Email me

09-14-2007, 06:52 AM
Thanks Mr. Burnette. We need a good site since the evil bay tried to do us in. Everybody has an opinion, for good or ill, but only a few stand up and do something about it. Come to think about it, that seems like a common thread in human history.

Netherwolf
09-22-2007, 07:28 AM
http://www.reloadersauction.com/index.php

Brought to my attention in another thread by Ranger Rick. Hoping more folks will see it in a thread of it's own. I plan on supporting it and hope others will too, leaving eBay the same way they dumped us. I know others have expressed concern about finding another online source of reloading equipment. I know that there are a couple of very good gun auction sites but I never had a lot of luck finding reloading gear on them. That is of course except for new stuff usually at retail prices. This site is new (8-19-07) so there's not a lot of stuff there yet but they are, the way I read it, from now 'til 12-31-07 only charging $1.00 per listing IF it sells. Nothing if it doesn't. Steve

I've been going to that site since I found out about it here. It doesn't have the activity that e-bone has/had but I think it will pick up once the word gets out. Not to gloat but I've already had pretty good luck on two auctions.

The first was for 2000 rds. of .45ACP brass. It was going for a darn good price but I screwed up & forgot to get in at the last minute - the winner got the stuff for a hair over 3 cents apiece. I was pretty bummed because the last stuff I bought on e-bone cost me 5 cents apiece. Somehow or another the seller contacted me & asked if I'd be interested in buying another 2000 rd lot for the same price as the winning bidder paid. Well, DUH!!! Dad-blamed-right I'll take it.

The second auction was for a nearly NIB RCBS electronic scale that usually sells for a C-note. The high bid was $40 when I jumped in at $46 (+ $9.80 shipping). I was sitting on top of it this time & thought I was in, until the auction ended. That's when I noticed that there was a reserve on it & the reserve hadn't been met (it's kinda funny how some things require reading skills). Imagine my surprise when I got an e-mail from the seller saying he'd awarded me the scale for my bid. I couldn't believe it. I got on it like a duck on a Junebug - fired off a reply thanking him for his generosity & telling him "the check is in the mail."

Like I said, the activity is slower than e-bone but I'm a regular at reloadersauction now. Thanks for the heads up on this one fellas.

Netherwolf

alamogunr
09-22-2007, 09:38 AM
OK! I've just been to the site. Like any new site, you have to learn how it works. So far the "Search" function eludes me. I've tried several things while attempting to use the " Exclude Commercial Sellers" button and none has worked. Someone please tell me how to implement this function. The commercial listings seem to be at retail or higher than mail order. I can buy local or from my regular mail order sources for the same or less. I realize that it will take time for non-commercial listings to gain any critical mass, but in the meantime, I don't care to wade through pages of one commercial sellers listings. Any suggestions??

John

reloadersauction
09-23-2007, 06:58 AM
OK! I've just been to the site. Like any new site, you have to learn how it works. So far the "Search" function eludes me. I've tried several things while attempting to use the " Exclude Commercial Sellers" button and none has worked. Someone please tell me how to implement this function. The commercial listings seem to be at retail or higher than mail order. I can buy local or from my regular mail order sources for the same or less. I realize that it will take time for non-commercial listings to gain any critical mass, but in the meantime, I don't care to wade through pages of one commercial sellers listings. Any suggestions??

John

I put the buggy before the horse on this one guys....I am waiting (Once again) on the programmer to write the search string code to make that particular function work.....I wrote the code to get it to appear in the search areas....but he will write the actual search string code to make it function properly....I was hoping this would have been done Friday 9-21-07, so I inserted my code Friday....but it looks like it will be Monday at the earliest before that search is enabled.

In general....that search function does not operate as of yet (of course you have already seen that) but hopefully it will work very soon....sorry for the confusion.

Johnny B