PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day Weekend - Be careful out there

waksupi
09-02-2007, 03:13 PM
I just received word, that two of my friends children were killed in an auto accident this weekend. They were heading for Billings, where the girl was to start college. Her younger brother wanted to ride in her new car. The parents were ahead of them in another vehicle, and noticed they weren't behind them.
They turned around and went back down the interstate. The daughter was distracted somehow. Her car crossed the median, and hit a semi head on, and a couple other cars also hit them. They were killed instantly.

Please guys, pay attention when you are out there. There is going to be a very large, painful gap in the man and wife's life, and a loss to all of us that knew the kids, and watched them growing up. I am heartbroken for all of them.

madcaster
09-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Kneemail going up for the family,you be careful too Buddy.

Ricochet
09-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Oh, dear God! I'm praying for them now.

I almost saw all my kids run over by a speeding big truck right behind me a few years ago, but they miraculously got out of the way by driving sideways off a big embankment into a deep Interstate median. I didn't mind waiting 5-6 hours on the Highway Patrol to get out there and get us a wrecker called (an unexpected sudden snowstorm caused a huge pileup), and their little Toyota Echo even came through unscathed and is still going strong.

But I thought I was watching them die for a terrible moment.

Ricochet
09-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Just asked my church to pray for 'em.

My point above is that this is something that can happen to any of us, in the blink of an eye. You never know.

Bret4207
09-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Thoughts and prayers with you and your friends. I've seen this close up way too many times.