PDA

View Full Version : Donations for the people in West Tx

2HighSpeed
04-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Hey ya'll. Myself and a good many other Army Wives have set up donation drop offs for the people of West Texas. I know most of you are not local and can not donate your unneeded items. I will be taking cash donations and purchaseing things that are needed and was hoping some of you could help. ANYTHING is better then NOTHING.

I was planning on going to West myself and helping however my EMT Lisence is expired so I cant help them with medical needs, and they say that female fire fighters are a liability right now. SMH. Soooo I am doing what I can and asking for donations. The list of items needed is below. They are also in desperate need of Blood. If you can give blood that would be wonderful.

RUNNING LIST OF ITEMS NEEDED:
Blood (O- and O+ donors, as well as platelet donors - see The Blood and Tissue Center of Central Texas for details)
Bottled water
Toiletries
Blankets
Diapers
Formula
Bottles
Toys
Teddy Bears/Stuffed Animals
Adult diapers
Uranial's
Peroxide
Alcohol
gauze
medical supplies
Cots
Air Mattresses
Pillows
Walmart gift cards

If you wish to donate so that I may purchase items, My paypal address is Nychic6579@aol.com. Those of you who wish to send MO or items to the people of West, Email me and I will get you a address.

TXGunNut
04-18-2013, 11:45 PM
Bump for a good cause. West is a little town we all wish we could have grown up in. They are truly overwhelmed by this disaster and we all know how long it takes to get relief mobilized. Think I'll head down there with a little cold hard cash this weekend. Let me know if anything else is in short supply, Andrea.

2HighSpeed
04-19-2013, 08:36 AM
The biggest things they are in need of right now is BLOOD! After that they need medical supplies, water, baby items especially baby formula and bottles. They have enough clothes right now. Anything youns can spare for them would be amazing. My army wives and I gathered together enough stuff yesterday that we have 17, yes 17 full size trucks overflowing and enroute down there in about 30 minutes. And the donation drive is still going on. Yesterday I picked up 50 four packs of toilet paper. They where .58 on clearance and I had 50 coupons for .40 off 1 4 pack so I used them. I also picked up 25 bottles of rubbing alcohol, 46 bottles of peroxide since that's all they had left (I left 1 bottle on case someone was in need), 70 boxes of bandages, 20 packs of baby wipes, 6 cases of water, about 30 or so loofahs for showering, some sanitary pads and 20 packs of diapers. After coupons I spent $209. It was definately worth it.
So if any of youns have anything you don't need, send it on down.

Freightman
04-19-2013, 12:58 PM
I will say that it is good in Texas as they said what they needed and the collage in Canyon 400 miles away are sending a truck load of goods, said on the news they were over whelmed with help. Texas is good proud to be native.

km101
04-19-2013, 01:11 PM
I intended to give blood today for the West disaster, but the Dallas TV stations are saying that the local blood banks are "overwhelmed" right now and that people should wait a day or two to come in! I have NEVER heard of this before, and it truly makes me proud. I am planning to give blood Saturday.

All you Texas folks on here should come too! We can all go get a beer afterwards to replace the fluids!

popper
04-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Mercy Ministries Mobile Kitchen has set up there and is looking for $ donations. I think they mostly feed those in temp. shelters and cleanup crews. One of the typical problems now is looting. Got an email from a friend who grew up there and has family in West. Their OK but it will be a while before they get the house rebuilt. As with all disasters, they are out of home for quite a while, in need of most everything.